Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my dad had me all excited about getting an MKIV then tells me he won't pay insurance, i ask him to get a quote, $4k a year

so i was wondering, what car (preferrably something i could have a LITTLE fun with at least) could i get that has low insurance (maybe up to $1,500 or so, and i know you would likely be guessing)

that could be had for about $600 a month

EDIT: i was thinking a fully loaded tC?

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
What the hell did we tell you? Maybe you'll take our comments seriously this time around?

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i hate being wrong, but yeah....turns out insurance was much more than my parents expectad and told me they will give me the same amount for a car that has lower insurance

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
hell you can find iinsurance way cheaper than that, but for the most part it will be that much, which it sounds like everyone told you already. you could go with a tC though...

Alex

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how high would an STI be?

i'm only asking because my friend said that 4-doors have much lower insurance

AND i'll be able to bring some friends with me if i go places

·
what comes out the butt?
4,463 Posts
DO NOT

even look at turbocharged cars for the 34848759874389th time..

not to mention...you do realize a newer performance car will kill more on insurance than an older one like a supra..

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MaliCali said:
DO NOT

even look at turbocharged cars for the 34848759874389th time..

not to mention...you do realize a newer performance car will kill more on insurance than an older one like a supra..
nobody ever said to not look at turbocharged cars(i don't remember anybody saying it), and i thought a supra would be more since it was an older car and rare

·
FAITH
604 Posts
InvisibleMonkey said:

If you can barely afford the car I wouldn't advise something with no warranty.

I've researched and found that Subaru and Mistubishi don't honor their warranty as much as you'd like.

Any little mod and they will probably deny warranty claim work. On top of that I hear build quality isn't up to par either.

If I were you I would get something that can have warrantied mods put on. IE: Scion, SRT-4, etc...

I'm sure your parents would mind paying for service work that should otherwise be warrantied.

-Khader

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
Any insurance for sports car/sedan/convertible/3 door/1 door/<insert whatever> will cost you an arm and a leg due to your age. Now is the time to research an alternative car that may seem slow (high 15's 1/4 mile or more), but comes with decent handling. You may think 15's 16's and 14's are slow, but they are fast enough for a new driver to learn the ropes of the road. When you have more years on your age and experience in driving, then it'll become affordable to own the nicer cars.

·
Tazer 14b > GT30R
180 Posts
(i prefer the looks of an STI though)

:wtflol: Snrsrly....Go with the EVO9 SSL (Sound, Sun, Leather) package. The luxury with only a little more weight, and a little less in the handling department (that I'm sure you won't be able to tell the difference anyway)

·
Tazer 14b > GT30R
180 Posts
as much as I hate to say it...the SRT-4 is actually very good when it comes to goin round the corners. Being WWD and all, it still holds its own with some simple suspension upgrades.

·
what comes out the butt?
4,463 Posts
InvisibleMonkey said:
nobody ever said to not look at turbocharged cars(i don't remember anybody saying it), and i thought a supra would be more since it was an older car and rare
ive said it...to you and other kids just like you, many times..

learning on a turbocharged car is not a good thing...

as for the older/rare thing...old means nothing, unless its a 70s toyota maybe...and supras may be rare...but stock parts from your local toyota dealer arent..

·
Banned
381 Posts
InvisibleMonkey said:

If your looking for a new or newer vehicle then you can forget anything in the "performance" catagory.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Corvettes are suprisingly cheaper than most cars to insure (sti, evo, etc)

Corey

1 - 20 of 116 Posts