Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The unit seems to be as close to full standalone as i can stand and hope i made the right choice. Trent is smooth with his words so i hope his persuation is right on...

·
disfrutando de la vida
569 Posts
Let us know how it works. I have been thinking on getting one myself, but need to be sure it will deliver as advertised.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,783 Posts
Looks pretty sweet, Fuel control seems to be heads and shoulders above vpc/afc settings. Too bad it can't control timing ;)

·
Registered
312 Posts
you made a right choice(wide move :) ), i got mine last friday-overnighted to me by Dusty- installed it on Sat. in the auto learn mode since i have single T64BB and 720cc inj., tried everything triplechecking my wiring and connections but could not get it to run in learn mode :(, zero'd maps and what not but to no avail, just had big time black smoke-fuel really, coming out of my GT Spec and FJO showing like 10.2-10.8 at idle and only when i kept my gas pedal down a little plus engine was sputtering like crazy;
so i said f... it-let's do the whole thing and eliminate the maf,
rewired it for no maf option, loaded bpu map and cranked the engine and the beast came alive :D :D :D , it was kind of flooded but after i warmed it up it was ok, took it for a nice spin up to 15psi once and FJO showed 10.8, everything good so far i realized, next day i drove to work and immidiatelly i noticed my exhaust does not sound so loud without maf nad my egts went down a little bit :) , tomorrow i'll try to fine tune the beast and then turn my w/m injection to see how is everything, so far i'm amazed how car feels with only bpu map loaded, plus it pulls nice with BoostLogic tranny and 3800 stall :p , Rob NJ.

·
Registered
312 Posts
:D holly cow you people post a lot :p

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HEHE, forgive the grammer..lol I was in one hell of a hurry as the wife wanted to go out..;)
I have a SP67Q trim, full fuel, Type R cooler, etc and hope this was thye right move. I had my older VPC in the car and opted to sell a new one i happened upon to go this route. Im nervous as the VPC had response, gain and idle control and the Map ecu doesn't. I realize that the MAP is great if you are going from MAf to it but swapping a VPC for it maybe another story?
More imput guys please.

·
Administrator
9,667 Posts
T61supradean said:
HEHE, forgive the grammer..lol I was in one hell of a hurry as the wife wanted to go out..;)
I have a SP67Q trim, full fuel, Type R cooler, etc and hope this was thye right move. I had my older VPC in the car and opted to sell a new one i happened upon to go this route. Im nervous as the VPC had response, gain and idle control and the Map ecu doesn't. I realize that the MAP is great if you are going from MAf to it but swapping a VPC for it maybe another story?
More imput guys please.
Dean, in case you decide to use the vpc...anyone tuning a car shouldn't even touch the vpc...maybe adjusting the response a click or two...all the tuning is supposed to be done using the afc. All the vpc dials should be a 12 o'clock.

I love my vpc/afc :)

Matt

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks for the posts guys...I am also considering this right now, so its good to read some first hand experiences :)

Quick question.
mydawgsupra94tt posted that he is using his FJO to monitor his A/F. Can this be wired into the Map Ecu? Or do I have to log each one separately to tune?

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was told by trent that you could run a wdeiband O2 off the map and it stores the run in memory and you can bring it up on the lap top.
I think i made a wise decision

·
Registered
499 Posts
hey dean, if you decide you don't like it maybe i will trade your VPC i bought for a built tranny!!! :D Hope your new setup works, and mine too!!!I will follow your thread... sounds like you made the right choice- Jason

1 - 12 of 12 Posts