Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use to post here alot back in the day and I think i met some members off the forums anyway to update you all on my situation.

Well thursday(5-25) i hydroplaned on I-75 north. The car slid off the road into a canal. I got out safe as did my passenger. We stood on shore and watched it sink like the titanic lol. Well the honda chapter of my life is closed for now. My old camry is going to be my mode of transport till then. I was recently told that a video of my car coming out the canal and interview afterwards is on the internet.

here's the link to my interview. I'm the one in the blue shirt. Also the news caster got it wrong. The car didn't sink into the mud. The car slid straight into the water and floated. Me and my friend got out while it was floating in the water.
http://cbs4.com/local/local_story_145154444.html

O yeah for future reference for any other ep owners out there. They will float for a little while and also the power windows will work while the car is floating.lol We got out through the passenger side window and swam to shore.

It sucks to lose it but atleast I'm alive so I can't complain. Time to see what insurance says. It's fully covered so I hope they give me a decent amount for it. I payed $18,750 for it in December used with 5043 miles. It had 13,800 when it went under.

Anyway to update you all on the situation, Allstate is giving me 17600+ for the car. I'm actually trying to find a decent condition IS300 now since I won't be able to get the K back from the Si. Everything happens for a reason. Time to have some fun with a 2J lol.

But anyway have fun and becareful in the rain. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
WanganCoupe said:
O yeah for future reference for any other ep owners out there.

yeah, i'm pretty sure that the Florida section here on SupraForums has between 3 and 4,000 EP owning members. Thanks for the tip!

·
ViperKiller187
284 Posts
thats awesome!

but im jealous, cause im white, and whenever i give some BS story like that about some other car causing my reckless driving, The cops never believe me. Guess ill have to try it in a different car, and when its raining.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
jon_24v said:
yeah, i'm pretty sure that the Florida section here on SupraForums has between 3 and 4,000 EP owning members. Thanks for the tip!
I don't know what some of you may have as your daily so I just put it out there.
TDCPROJECT said:
thats awesome!

but im jealous, cause im white, and whenever i give some BS story like that about some other car causing my reckless driving, The cops never believe me. Guess ill have to try it in a different car, and when its raining.
Worked for me. :bigthumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts