Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
boost'en down 101
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i put in my rebuilt tranny yesterday and wanted to go for a drive to test it out.
AND IT SHIFTS GREAT! :bigok:

also thats just the first hundred miles. i'm sure it will be even more smooth after the redline and the syncros breakin.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Great pictures, good to hear your transmission rebuild went well.

FYI. Paint the front bumper.

·
Registered
94 Posts
badass. my cars getting its trans rebuilt right now and i should have it back tomorrow, and if its nice up here in ohio im going on a drive too. nothin like a new trans :rofl: 2nd one in 8 moths...

·
psh psh psh.........
977 Posts
auto tranny or manual tranny? was it easy???? how much did you spend? sry if im asking hella questions haha

·
Registered
94 Posts
auto tranny or manual tranny? was it easy???? how much did you spend? sry if im asking hella questions haha
A340E. Rebuilt last july for too much, blew 3rd out on a highway pull. Being rebuilt w/ the IPT kit. I do not have a light foot, but my supras not that fast. I stretched out the 3rd/4th gear bands w/ a intake, 3inch turbo back and @10 psi...

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
A340E. Rebuilt last july for too much, blew 3rd out on a highway pull. Being rebuilt w/ the IPT kit. I do not have a light foot, but my supras not that fast. I stretched out the 3rd/4th gear bands w/ a intake, 3inch turbo back and @10 psi...
thats pretty odd that you break it like that.

i have been riding my tranny REAL hard, done multiple WOT dyno pulls for tuning and random foot to the floor fun times at 15-20psi depending on how my IC pipes feel, definately get on it hard, more than twice a week, and its a stock (as far as i know, was from a company that imports jdm transmission, low mileage), running through the stock trans cooler in the radiator... and the car has dynod over 400 untuned on a bad day... maybe i just have a good one out of the batch?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I hate sawblades with a passion, but your car looks really nice!

·
boost'en down 101
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
thanks everyone.

and the tranny is a manual. r154.

edit: oh yeah. my seats are these custom lamb fur covers (hella comfortable). they came off my first car. the passenger only has the headrest though. i haven't been able to find any like them.

·
boost'en down 101
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah i'm going to be painting the whole car this summer hopefully.

and the pavement here is the shit!!! so many roads with so little traffic. its a car guys dream. oh and on my way down to the river this R1 pull up next to me out of know where. he was in full race gear. i slowed down to about 60mph put her in 3rd and pinned it. hit 4th and pulled up to 120mph. for some reason he was still by my side. i was like wtf. he should be gone. then i hear him drop it down a gear. and that little fucker was GONE. he was pacing me the whole pull then just put me to shame. lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Props man. That car stands awesome - an uncommon sighting for 'blades.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts