Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pros: I finally got it running, It wouldn't idle and I'd have to blip the throttle but it would run. No oil leaks, no coolant leaks. Firing on all 6 cylinders.

Cons: One of the bolts that holds the O2 senor in snapped off in my BIC DP....
Aeromotive FPR Gauge Does not Read any pressure
No tac signal, the gauge lights up and goes to the on position but no movement

Im running 660cc injectors
Lexus AFM
AFPR

So I figured the ECU would have to account for all that so it would take some time for it to learn somewhat. But I think there has to be a vacuum leak or something because it wont idle?

Any idea on where to start?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I just installed it on the car. all the lines are hooked up with thread sealant and everything but no pressure read out on the gauge. but its obviously flowing fuel since the car started.

any ideas deg?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The liquid you you put on the thread to seal from liquid getting through.

Yup. If I didnt install it properly the engine would start because fuel wouldnt have gone through?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im not at my shop now but I can describe it pretty well.

With the gauge installed looking at the front of the afpr, the line going to the fuel rail comes from the bottom of the afpr, the lines going to the return is on the left side, and the right side of the afpr is blocked off.

The idea I had is that it might not have proper vacuum hooked up which would make the gauge not work properly.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a TRE performance 255, but that came in the car and worked fine. Yes I tried the regulator out of the box and adjusted it both ways still no movement in the gauge, no fuel leaks and the filter was clean.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
incorrect. if you upgrade to 550, plus a lexus afm, its equal addition of fuel and air so it would be the same. I got 660's because I need slightly more fuel and with the fuel pressure regulator I can adjust the amount of fuel so that I run properly. Plus I have an apexi neo to adjust air fuel.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok, well that doesnt really help fix the problem of why my gauge isnt reading. I could care less how my car is running it will get tuned properly and what not, but without fuel pressure I cant calculate shit

·
Unlimited Time Attack A70
3,580 Posts
ok, well that doesnt really help fix the problem of why my gauge isnt reading. I could care less how my car is running it will get tuned properly and what not, but without fuel pressure I cant calculate shit
what he is saying is you cannottune it so that should be more of a priority.

·
Registered
656 Posts
jumper the fuel pump at the diagnostic block, and adjust the fitting until u see the proper line pressure, judging by the threads on the adjuster in the video, it looks like its backedo ut all the way, which means full return flow, which means no pressure, just recirc to the tank, try cranking it down to see what happens while the pump is running alone

·
Registered
656 Posts
jumper the fuel pump at the diagnostic block, and adjust the fitting until u see the proper line pressure, judging by the threads on the adjuster in the video, it looks like its backedo ut all the way, which means full return flow, which means no pressure, just recirc to the tank, try cranking it down to see what happens while the pump is running alone

1 - 20 of 29 Posts