Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and asked for the price on the lower bracket where the front lip bolts onto. $90, so i bought it as mine is SOOO rusted that you can break it apart with just your bare hands.. Then i asked how much the actual lip costs. $400. Then i asked about the screws that screw into the 89+ tails. He told me that they don't sell them seperate so he checked his drawer of goodies and luckely he had 2 there where a customer ordered back in 2002 and never picked up. So i got them for free.

Sometimes it's a good feeling that genuine toyota parts are going onto your car. I don't mind paying the $90 for that bumper shaped metal bracket because now i'll be able to put on my lip. Slowly but surely i'll have my baby rust free.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
heh... I bought mine for 40 dollars from Jay marks...:p

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i searched on the cygnus NATO site and i saw that jay marks had it for $46. However after currency exchange and shipping to Canada i'm sure it'll be the same.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Thats the way to go man :) 100% clean and genuine ;)

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
most definetly :) for some reason the front end of my car is terribly cancered up. I have yet to remove one bolt that hasn't snapped on me yet :(

Next up i think will be the rest of the brackets that hold up the bumper.

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol...are you putting in the stock bolts??? i'd get rid of them and pick up some high quality SS bolts.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Genuine Toyota parts are now considered "mods".

On a 7m I just started working on, I think every possible hose and clamp is from ghetto R us. It's going to need a BOX full of Toyota hoses and clamps to be back in nice shape.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
In this post in reference to my original post?
I never read your post, the statement was not directed at you at all. Why are you getting so excited?

Ghetto R Us was related to some of the things on this engine I'm working on. They used a fuel banjo bolt to hold on the turbo heat shield! It only gets worse from there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts