Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
an exhaust? lol i cant watch the videos are work, but im assumingblow turbos from the smoke in the pic...

what it'd run though?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Damn... thats a lot of damn smoke. My initial guess was blown turbo b4 I saw the clip. But I may be colorblind or something cause that smoke looks real white to me.

What did it run tho?!?

·
that twin 2jz guy
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not the turbos.. cuz i could still spool... and after leaving the track i drove the car home.. bout 30 miles. at low idle it smokes, at high idle it doesnt! or if it did i couldnt see it in my rear view mirror. i took off my intake pipe and ran it.. no oil coming through there and still smoking.. its white smoke cuz its cold and as it warms up its gets more dark blue. so its oil for sure. the other thing is that i was running 110 leaded. so i do believe that could be the answer. so my only two possibility could be the rings or the gas.. ill confirm by this week
oh yeah i lost pwr top of 2nd and all third ... 15.00.. yeah it sucks.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
I had badly blown turbos a few times and could still spool fine.
Do a compression test and see that its not rings.

Let us know how it goes

·
Registered
240 Posts
had the same problem....my old turbo's spooled perfectly but they smoked like hell...the whtie smoke would come and go...i am almost postive its your turbos...you prolly blew a coolant seal just like i did when i was running an open dp a while back....since then i got a new pair and now no smoke and runs great...check compression and if its good...throw on some new turbo's and while your at it put a 3inch y pipe dp on...you'll thank me later

also when you pull the turbo's take the front one off first it makes life a lot easier :)
-amill

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
my blown turbos still spool great, and smoke only at low idle as well. I can smell the oil, did a compression test and i had 175 across all 6 with the same symptoms u describe.

~scott

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
If the blades are fine, just bring em to a turbo rebuilder.

Or go single.

·
that twin 2jz guy
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yup.. its the rebuilt t3g kit.... but i really doubt if its the turbos.. i was kinda blaming the 110 leaded for it.. but ill confirm this week on if its the block or the turbos.. oh yeah i havent lost a single quart of oil and my coolant is clean

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
PM-Performance said:
I had badly blown turbos a few times and could still spool fine.
Do a compression test and see that its not rings.

Let us know how it goes
ya. when i dropped in my 2nd engine it would spool fine still but they were obviously gone. oil was just leaking all through the exhaust side of the turbos.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
OneJoeZee said:
ya. when i dropped in my 2nd engine it would spool fine still but they were obviously gone. oil was just leaking all through the exhaust side of the turbos.
i thought on another thread you said your turbos were fine.. 2 engines same turbos and no problems? :1poke:

·
always watching
362 Posts
that sure sounds like bad turbos to me. projectdofast did the same thing, white smoke at low idle and could still boost. Let us know what it ends up being.

·
that twin 2jz guy
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey jackass.... u dont have to tell everyone...and remember i got trans probs.. and u didnt show on time either..

·
that twin 2jz guy
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i just did a compression test on it.. and i got 175 across the board so ill have to dig into it more later...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts