1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
get some better tires, then you will cut some faster times.

I think at 17 psi on that turbo it should be really low 13's to mid 12's.

But still, glad you had fun

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
on the last run I let off due to fan shroud breaking lose, might have been a lower 13 there. Yea with better tires and some dyno tuning should do much better. This is the first time I have drag raced the car since I have had this turbo and clutch. I need practice, bogging between shifts and not taking off hard enough. was trying to drive it just like ct26, needs a few more rpms for a better launch

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Looks like some tuning will do you a lot of good. I ran a 13.3 at 109mph with my SP61GT un-tuned running 17psi. Then I ran 12.99 at 112mph with a tune at about 20-21psi. Then I removed my CAT and and ran 12.5-12.6's at 116mph then eventually a 12.4 at 119 at 24psi (with my cylinder head lifting). So my point is, with more tuning and track time, you will see 12's soon enough with that turbo. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
^^
damn how did you know it lifted?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
The temperature gauge went past H on the 24psi run. I latter did a headgasket test and found lots of coolant escaping through my exhaust. The head was warped but the metal headgasket was fine.

·
Supra Enthusiast
2,382 Posts
that last pass sounds just like mine. I ran a 13.5 @ 100 with a 1.90 60' time on my nitto street tires. That was at 12 psi. The short time was there but once I got up top my wideband went straight to 10, rich as hell. I've since turned up the boost to 16 psi and street tuned a bit, but haven't been able to hit the track yet. Keep up the good work and get that 60' down!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts