Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This goes for the 93 through 98 Whats the highest possible HP you can have without a turbo?

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
i don't think anybody on here has ever really built the motor

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in the process of doing a TRUE all motor setup. I'm going custom on pretty much everything, so I'll let you know how much you can get. Right now, I'm keeping the stock crank but getting it lightened. I may end of going with a 3.2 stroker crank and 12:1 pistons, not sure though.

Ryan

·
all motor baby!
410 Posts
All motor. 400 ps (~380 hp).
Those of you with an eye for detail will see that there is no distributor and the 'carbs' are actually an individual throttle body fuel injection setup.

My all motor setup.
Engine is unopened, but am currently building up the worked motor.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Giant,

How much would it be for you to get a set of cams made for me? 280 duration or so with about 10mm of lift?

Ryan

·
all motor baby!
410 Posts
It would cost around $1000 AUD + postage (as a guess).

Better still, chat to the guy who did mine yourself.

Clive Cams

Clive Stenlake

(03) 9877 3607 - you'll need to add all the prefixes to make it work - ISD and the Australia code - I think that is 61.

Also try Tighe Cams up in Queensland. (www.tighe.com.au)

That said, I honestly can't believe that in a country of 300 million, there isn't a custom cam grinder that can do hard faced welding!! Have you guys looked thru your local Yellow Pages (do you have them over there?)?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't looked but all the guys that I know can do it, Crower and Crane Cams, they are ridiculous on price.

Ryan

·
all motor baby!
410 Posts
Ah OK, well the pacific peso will work out well for you...I think the exchange rate is about 0.74 AUD per 1 USD. That makes the price of both cams about the same as one name brand cam over there not including postage of course).

·
all motor baby!
410 Posts
Remember that with 10mm lift you'll need to change the valve springs (standards will bind). JUN also recommend a shim under bucket setup at this lift otherwise you are at high risk of spitting shims.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Shipping to Australlia is crazy. UPS quoted me close to $400.00 on a turbo kit that costs $25.00 within the U.S.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
:(, i was hoping for some higher numbers than 200, guess i'll be saving for a TT

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe the risk of a blown motor. I wouldn't mind turboing my car but i want it to go at least 400 at the wheels. to think that the new grand am could beat an n/a supra lmao

·
BoostedBreakDancer
318 Posts
you can get welllll over 400 if you turbo i dont know if you can get that without turbo or NOS

and almost any production 2003 2004 car will beat a supra
a damn durango has frickin 345 horsepower!!! ha ha

im goin turbo ...my car looks money and sounds great but ive been getting waxed by ugly ass cars all over town ha ha

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Xdreamer said:
TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION I THINK THE HIGHEST IS 202-203RWHP - i did a post a while back and have been talking to alot of na members who have dynoe'd most have a hard time hitting past 200rwhp in a 5speed. as for rwsupra and his true all motor setup (you mean fully built race motor) lol i dont know what im runnning maybe its a fake all motor setup lol just cause i didnt open the motor doesnt mean its not a true all motor setup lmao remeber who got you into keeping the car nonturbo to begin with .... anyways knifeedge the crank its makes a noticeable difference on how fast the engine will rev out thus making more power faster ;) as for dyno numbers and track time i am going to the track this weekend and also dynoing the car this or next week thens it sold;( but i have justabout evry bolton possible and a bunch of things done that are far from stock oh i got tricks ;) lol
Haha, "tricks", you are halarious. You always throw out the "I have secret mods" like anyone cares man. It is like you are either trying to rub something in or make others jealous, and yet at the same time you are serious about keeping them secret.

Here (to satisfy your needs):
:hail: We're not worthy! We're not worthy!... Please tell us all your secret mods.

IMO, I think it is funny to be on a forum and not contribute all that you can. Whether someone has secret mods or has a unique turbo setup, why hide it, especially on a forum? It is not like any one person is going to have the "best" setup, or needs to keep their setup top secret for competition reasons. So what is with the secret attitude. I don't know, but IMO, when I have seen you ask for advice on the forum it has seemed like a hypocrocy at times.

Maybe I should have pm'ed this to you. Oh well:D

--Justin

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Xdreamer said:
TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION I THINK THE HIGHEST IS 202-203RWHP - i did a post a while back and have been talking to alot of na members who have dynoe'd most have a hard time hitting past 200rwhp in a 5speed. as for rwsupra and his true all motor setup (you mean fully built race motor) lol i dont know what im runnning maybe its a fake all motor setup lol just cause i didnt open the motor doesnt mean its not a true all motor setup lmao remeber who got you into keeping the car nonturbo to begin with .... anyways knifeedge the crank its makes a noticeable difference on how fast the engine will rev out thus making more power faster ;) as for dyno numbers and track time i am going to the track this weekend and also dynoing the car this or next week thens it sold;( but i have justabout evry bolton possible and a bunch of things done that are far from stock oh i got tricks ;) lol
:rolleyes: Who do you think you are? You make yourself out to be some high end automotive engineer and news flash YOUR NOT! Quit with this BS on how you think you are "the pioneer" on everything and all knowledge comes from you first before anyone else hears about it. Its REALLY annoying and most of us dont buy any of your BS so why do you continue to spew it? Just sell your damn car already and stop with this elitist attitude. Go buy a Cavalier and troll their board and tell them about all your "super secret mods." Hell maybe they will fall for it. I just hope that whoever you sold the car to didnt get ripped off with you telling them how your car is faster then a Dodge Viper or something like that. :eek:

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
tricks arent secret mods by the way which were customm one off tricks i was trying out a while back like co'2 cooled intake manfiold. . tricks are things like knifedgeing the tbutterffly . cutting the throttle body shaft in half for a few more cfm . descreening the maf and getting the car to idle right. the right way to do the egr mod on a na... the list goes on and on those are tricks buddy - dont hold me in account for no one trying them or helping anyone out or if they did for ever posting one word about them about tricks or even the right way to do certain mods ..to make a nonturbo mkiv faster with outopening the motor . .... minus all the crap some people talk some alot of memebers have done these mods only after i helped them out . and btw my last car was a 91 300zx running 22lbs of boost which was in the 11's on street tires which i tuned yep i dont know anything about cars....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man for sure i'm going to turbo my car then!

And about your 03 Porsche What model?

My friend has a Boxster S 03" The car moves

1 - 20 of 35 Posts