Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Everyone asks why the hate, I will tell you briefly why:

The car lost it’s soul. No JDM enthusiasm and no identity. Toyota didn’t even make the car. The car is made in BMW manufacture in Austria.

Z4 engine, Z4 key, Z4 trans, Z4 diff, Z4 interior, Z4 chassis, Z4 frame, Z4 suspension. This is just a rebadged Z4 not a Supra.

The new supra is an epic FAIL

No manual transmission, no targa top.

Short base chassis: not good for high acceleration in aggressive boost.

Small designe: smaller than a 370Z and narrower than a GT86.

Fake vents: leads to nothing especially the door’s. Every car has fake vents that can be worked out by tuning companies (not a feature in the Supra).

complicated engine: expensive to repair, and unreliable.

Auto transmission: unfunny, underpowered and unreliable.

That’s why the car is hated so much

·
iSPOOL
1,123 Posts
And from the posts from Real Street and Titan theres like 8 steps to get the thing to run on the dyno. You know what we have to do to get our MKI-MKIV to run on the dyno......just some f*cking straps lol

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,275 Posts
I would not call this car an epic fail, unless in a year the sales would be so poor that it get discontinued. Its a decent car, in fact if they would have called it anything other than Supra, there would have been less anger from actual Supra owners. I am just hoping Toyota will at-least honor their promise to start developing MKIV parts with trd/gazoo or whatever they brand it name.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would not call this car an epic fail, unless in a year the sales would be so poor that it get discontinued. Its a decent car, in fact if they would have called it anything other than Supra, there would have been less anger from actual Supra owners. I am just hoping Toyota will at-least honor their promise to start developing MKIV parts with trd/gazoo or whatever they brand it name.
It's a fail regardless due to its build quality in comparison to the later. It will sell because of the newer crowd but it will not retain any type of legend and value.

www.keitaauto.com
ig:keitaauto

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,430 Posts
I am just hoping Toyota will at-least honor their promise to start developing MKIV parts with trd/gazoo or whatever they brand it name.
I'm just hoping they don't equate the Zupra's shortcomings in sales as a lack of interest in restoration parts, as such they abandon the reproduction parts program (if it's true).

·
Very Senior Member
10,001 Posts
OP - Would you stop with the new threads that are a total rehash of what we have been discussing for months???
Feel free to add your comments to the multiple existing threads along these lines!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Silver, he joined 4 months ago and now he has to show he's an expert on everything Supra. Probably doesn't even own a Supra. Still he wants to be seen as the defender of the true "Supra Faith". Gotta get his post numbers up I guess!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Silver, he joined 4 months ago and now he has to show he's an expert on everything Supra. Probably doesn't even own a Supra. Still he wants to be seen as the defender of the true "Supra Faith". Gotta get his post numbers up I guess!
I have another membership (BF109) which I lost.

I have a garage, I owned two supras and I currently own an R32 skyline.

My supras were:

Red: 450hp
White: 745hp (pump) and 900hp (C16).

You’re pathetic because you bully people and assume the worse while in fact they might be better than you.

·
Administrator
8,442 Posts
So much salt on this forum lately, but its driving traffic so I guess owners are happy.

·
Vendor
14 Posts
And from the posts from Real Street and Titan theres like 8 steps to get the thing to run on the dyno. You know what we have to do to get our MKI-MKIV to run on the dyno......just some f*cking straps lol
you don't have to put the car in dyno mode to dyno it. What the dyno mode does is tell the car that the front wheels wont be spinning. so the DSC and ABS systems do lose their mind. Dyno without dyno mode and you get christmas tree on the dashboard from ABS and DSC and etc. They will remain until all the wheels move. Likely within the first 20-40 feet of forward driving. It doesnt effect power output. At least it doesnt on out BMW counterparts. We dyno these things almost daily.

·
iSPOOL
1,123 Posts
you don't have to put the car in dyno mode to dyno it. What the dyno mode does is tell the car that the front wheels wont be spinning. so the DSC and ABS systems do lose their mind. Dyno without dyno mode and you get christmas tree on the dashboard from ABS and DSC and etc. They will remain until all the wheels move. Likely within the first 20-40 feet of forward driving. It doesnt effect power output. At least it doesnt on out BMW counterparts. We dyno these things almost daily.
So to confirm, there are steps you have to do in order for the car to recognize its on the dyno. Steps that were not necesarry for previous generations?

·
Vendor
14 Posts
So to confirm, there are steps you have to do in order for the car to recognize its on the dyno. Steps that were not necesarry for previous generations?
IIRC the whole dyno mode thing started with F-series ZF8 and DCT vehicle to keep the TCM, ABS and etc happy. but its not 100% needed to dyno the cars unless they changed it for the Supra programming, which i doubt. But regardless it takes like 15 seconds to put the car in dyno mode if you dont want the lights on the dash during runs. like i said, we've dyno'd without dyno mode.

·
...pop the hood!
847 Posts
is there any result differences when dyno' in normal vs sport mode?

·
iSPOOL
1,123 Posts
IIRC the whole dyno mode thing started with F-series ZF8 and DCT vehicle to keep the TCM, ABS and etc happy. but its not 100% needed to dyno the cars unless they changed it for the Supra programming, which i doubt. But regardless it takes like 15 seconds to put the car in dyno mode if you dont want the lights on the dash during runs. like i said, we've dyno'd without dyno mode.
Ok cool. Just wanted to confirm my statements are accurate.

·
JetFire
5,310 Posts
I have another membership (BF109) which I lost.

I have a garage, I owned two supras and I currently own an R32 skyline.

My supras were:

Red: 450hp
White: 745hp (pump) and 900hp (C16).

You’re pathetic because you bully people and assume the worse while in fact they might be better than you.
Were you hoping to get back into a newer Supra and this car wasn't what you wanted hence you starting tons of posts picking it apart? Every single post you started has been covered in other threads. There's literally an entire thread dedicated to what is hated about the car.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts