Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you saw pics not too long ago of my 88 that was near completion of the new turbo stuff. I finally started it on Sun. (first try actually which is a nice feeling as well). Took it during some time off today to get the turbo elbow finished and was able to put some initial miles on it. I have got on it some and the power is nice. I keep blowing off the lower IC hose off the IC inlet (the HKS one the routes it straight under) so I'll put on a t-bolt clamp and mount the piping up better. Still needs tuning, etc, but it's nice to be able to drive it after all this time.

Hard getting used to "normal" clutches after driving the RPS stg 3 everyday.

Still lots of little things to do, but I'm happy I can drive this one again.

Also, for those in my GB, I finally got 40 more brackets tonight and will begin working on them. The last 7o that had been sent to me had the tabs in the wrong place for those who hadn't asked what was taking sooo long. I'm am truely sorry about the delays and will try to make it up to everyone.

Here's a few pics:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i see a 3inch+ dp, but what about your catback. it looks stock to me. explain

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
HKS Sport CB IIRC... looking good Kevin, I'll show Nick this thread, he'll be happy to see his old car ;)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Very nice, smart of you to vent the BOV back into the intake after AFM. Can you still hear it when you let off the throttle?

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jpeek29208 said:
i see a 3inch+ dp, but what about your catback. it looks stock to me. explain
As jbsupra89t said, it's the HKS 65 mm sport exhaust. (AMS DP, with a test pipe too)

I have only gotten to boost a few times and I'm either hearing the BOV or the IC pipe pop off.. I'll let you know one I get to drive it a little more.

Kevin

·
Registered
144 Posts
Fucking GORGEOUS, I love the whole look.

Any chance you have any smoked visors left, I would love to pick one up in the next few weeks?

PM me

·
Registered
945 Posts
bee-ee-ay-yoooo tee ful car Kevin. I own a Burgundy 87 and LOVE the look. Im digging the huge ass turbo as well, how does that exhaust flow with that much boost coming from it?

GL
Daniel

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TRD White Comet said:
Looking nice dude. Does that 7m happen to be the one that Josh (jz killa) sold to you?
No, thats going in my white car for the sp63. At least with this done, I can finally start thinking of getting to that car.

I think the exhaust should be fine. Won't know for sure until I can get it tuned a little. Back in the day people were hitting 12's with the 65mm HKS though, so it does flow well. IIRC, it was the gold standard at one time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts