Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my original plan was I was goin 2 NJ 2day, otherwise i woulda went and checked out this cressida that i wanna buy at 4 corners. After tha NJ plans got Fubared, a buncha buddies and i decided to head down to streets. In libertyville behind tha culvers, every friday night we have a car show, sponsored by Perfect soundz, and culvers. So after hanging out there for a good 2 hours, a bunch of us went home 2 get tha bikes and go 2 streets. BAD IDEA :(
We took our usual route of 83 to 53 and exit Woodfield. Our average time from tha beginning of 53 to Woodfield is 8 minutes on tha bikes. Most of tha guys I ride with have been riding for years, and do approx 140-170 on their bikes, a few guys...doing wheelies literally half of tha way...I on the other hand, am a 330LB 6'2 male, who is very conservative on tha bike :). So anyways we get to exit woodfield, and approach tha entrance of streets. FUCK, CHECKPOINT. 6 out of tha 12 of us got FUCKED. I did not have my plate where it was supposed 2 be, I have an 01 gsxr 750, and I have it down low by the tire under the tail....and bent up, so you can't really see it... my blue neons were on as i turn em on as we pull in everytime, AND...I don't have a motorcycle liscence :(.
I've been riding for a year and a half, but just never got around to doing it....well today, it caught up 2 me big time. THANK GOD, I have some crazy friends who literally walked over from their bikes without their gear, took my bike and parked it over by denny's and walked back, and then i went 2 grab it...but my other buddies, 3 bikes were towed, one got arrested, and one...well heheheh...he had to call his mom 2 pick him up cus he was 17 lol. Anyways, shitty beginning to tha weekend...I guess 2morrow I'ma go to tha DMV and take my examination, unless they tell me I can't. I took the learner's class at CLC a while back, but my permit is expired...so we'll c
FTP
Goodnight all

·
stop-lame-signatures.com
786 Posts
Sorry to hear you got caught up bro... I heard about this a while back (May?)

Sorry to hear about all this drama bro... you should take care of those things before you hop on your two wheeler though :(

Here's a better source of info for this type of sh*t:
http://www.chicagoriders.com/forumVB/showthread.php?t=59479

I'm surprised you're not on ChicagoRiders.com yet :)

Here's a post from a friend on another board (posted on 05-11-2006, 04:45 PM) - unfortunately the link doesn't seem to work for pioneer local.
Midwayman said:
http://www.pioneerlocal.com/cgi-bin/ppo-story/localnews/current/eg/05-11-06-nwsbrf-1.html

Police Department
Motorcycle Checkpoint at Streets of Woodfield

The Schaumburg Police Department and the Cook County Sheriff's Police will conduct a motorcycle safety checkpoint at the Streets of Woodfield from 8 p.m. to midnight May 12.

Officers will be located at the entrances of the Streets of Woodfield, stopping motorcyclists at predetermined intervals, checking for proper licensing, registration and proof of insurance, along with possible use of alcohol or drugs.

In a press release, the police department stated that the safety checkpoint is intended to promote motorcycle safety in light of motorcycle-related fatalities rising 52.4 percent between 1997 and 2004.

Many motorcycle crashes also involved intoxicated or unlicensed riders.

In case of inclement weather, the safety checkpoint will be changed to include all vehicles and passenger restraint violations will be added in the inspection procedure.

·
ViperKiller187
284 Posts

·
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this was last night, but they also did it in june, i believe tha last weekend, but they had flares, so from 53 u could see....so we just kept on riding...
damned cops getting smarter!

·
So... Yeah...
423 Posts
sounds like what happened to my friend on friday..he doesn't have a license, and his temps expired along time ago. anyway he went down to the gas station to get something to drink, a cop pulled in after him and ran his plate, went inside and told him he should get his endorsement, and told him to wait till he(the cop) left. my buddy, took off outside, and left right away, so the cop chases him down to my house and yells at my buddy for taking off.. and then prceeded to get ahold of a few oher cops who sat near my house waiting for him to leave to bust him. so he called another friend with a license to ride it home for him. kinda funny.. just thought i'd share..

·
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hahaha your from appleton wisconsin! I was just there, some guy bought my ford probe offa ebay, and i delivered it 2 him for a lil extra :)...
well they got rid of tha flares...thats what they did smarter ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts