Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having problems with my car.
Nothing reallly major, until last night.
I was coming home from this girls house about an hour away from my house, and was getting off of a highway and onto another one and my engine starts making a reallllllly loud knocking/thumping noise. I'm freaking out. It's never happened to me, and the engine itself doesn't have more than 77k at most on it. So I drive it till I can get off an exit (way too far) and pull it out of gear, and it dies, clutch start it, roll through the light, pull off onto a dark street and call my mom. Of course it doesn't restart (my igniter wires are all effed up), so she gets here, calls the tow truck, and then she forgets to tell them it's been lowered, so we try lifting her up from the back, no good, front end would drag, lift here up from the front, and we're fine. So we towed it back to a shop by my house, and now I'm waiting for a call about what the hell it is.
I called my friend who I had bought from and he said it could be the manifold is loose? Or else a rod is...
I was about to cry last night.
i hope everything is okayyyyyy.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
ouch, did you know your oil level?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Prolly rod knock if it was as loud as you say it was. Did you check your oil at all that day?

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. I hadn't checked my oil in a couple days, but I had just had the oil changed like 2 weeks ago...

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
probably like last week, and it looked fine.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ if you were losing oil that quickly you would probably notice it somewhere... like dripping on the ground after being parked for a while...

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My mom said she noticed an oil spot where I park it.
And I had noticed earlier that day that there was some oil on the sides of the engine and shit, but didn't think much of it...
I think I just screwed my self over.
Anyone know how much a 1jz would cost?

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
alot more to fix when it happens to break..

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha.
Thanks.
If it does end up being my rod, I'll probably just have the engine rebuilt...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Wow I was almost in your shoes a few months ago. I ran low on oil too, but didn't notice it because it was pissing out of the cam seals. It wasn't until I got home and looked at the dip stick the next day that I realized the oil level was just barely touching the dip stick. :rolleyes:

I filled it up with engine oil and rev it past 5k rpms just to see if it would knock. No knocks, fortunately. Hopefully you get it figured out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts