Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously looking into getting an SZ (comes with a GE) and na-t it. Im looking to make around 600-700 horse power in it, with a pt61. Will i run into any problems with the bottom end of the engine? i.e rods, pistons, etc. Will i run into any problems with the head? I know i will need a new fuel rail to convert it but what else?? Anything will be much appreciated!

·
iSPOOL
1,006 Posts
I highly suggest you look through some of the NAT builds on here to get a realistic idea what it takes to make 700hp.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am seriously looking into getting an SZ (comes with a GE) and na-t it. Im looking to make around 600-700 horse power in it, with a pt61. Will i run into any problems with the bottom end of the engine? i.e rods, pistons, etc. Will i run into any problems with the head? I know i will need a new fuel rail to convert it but what else?? Anything will be much appreciated!
I you're serious about 600-700 hp you're not gonna do it with a stock bottom end. If you get the VVTi NA motor its even worse. If you get a non-vvti motor you can get away with putting stock twin turbo pistons in it, twin turbo head gasket, some kind of forward facing intake manifold, top feed injectors, etc..

Stock NA motor has a lot of compression which needs to be lowered to safely make that power. Also a bigger turbo will help you make more power at less boost.

·
boost life
2,477 Posts
I wouldn't agree with above post as I've been at 610 rwhp on 93 octane for 10years on full na-t on a simply aem v1

I'm just finishing a complete redo of my setup including swapping in a 50k miles fresher stock bottomed (mine was over 150k miles) ...unlike prior setup which used GTE head gasket to lower cr as I was only only on pump gas , my new setup is on ge head gasket and using arp 625 bolts as car will be on full flex fuel and primarily on e85. 700 rwhp is where she will be .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I you're serious about 600-700 hp you're not gonna do it with a stock bottom end. If you get the VVTi NA motor its even worse. If you get a non-vvti motor you can get away with putting stock twin turbo pistons in it, twin turbo head gasket, some kind of forward facing intake manifold, top feed injectors, etc..

Stock NA motor has a lot of compression which needs to be lowered to safely make that power. Also a bigger turbo will help you make more power at less boost.
Ahhh yeh i forgot to mention I know i need a new head gasket. Is there even a VVTi NA motor because people have told me there isn't but others have said there are? Even if there are i will be purchasing a non VVTi because its easier to tune and make power.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh yeh i forgot to mention I know i need a new head gasket. Is there even a VVTi NA motor because people have told me there isn't but others have said there are? Even if there are i will be purchasing a non VVTi because its easier to tune and make power.
And how do i lower the compression on a GE? New head or just the gasket or?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't agree with above post as I've been at 610 rwhp on 93 octane for 10years on full na-t on a simply aem v1

I'm just finishing a complete redo of my setup including swapping in a 50k miles fresher stock bottomed (mine was over 150k miles) ...unlike prior setup which used GTE head gasket to lower cr as I was only only on pump gas , my new setup is on ge head gasket and using arp 625 bolts as car will be on full flex fuel and primarily on e85. 700 rwhp is where she will be .
What did you do to your GE? I would love to know a basic list of the things i will need. Also what have been the issues with getting a GE? Has it been worth it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I highly suggest you look through some of the NAT builds on here to get a realistic idea what it takes to make 700hp.

Thanks for the reccomendation :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
i dont know what others are talking about but i have had a 2jz ge engine make 700+hp.. there is no diff in shortblock of ge vs gte other than oil squirters .. the pistons and rods are able to handle the same hp.. you need a gte head gasket and if you can go to gte oil pump and be fine.. use coil on plug conversion.. YOU WANT A NON VVTI though.. if you have any question feel free to pm me i give you my number if you need help

·
iSPOOL
1,006 Posts
Yes there was a VVTI 2jzge engine, stateside it was only offered in 1998. Not sure if it was available where you are but I've read the rods are substantially weaker so a non VVTI setup would probably be a better option.

·
Blue Thunder
3,411 Posts
The lack of a turbo or TWO, is what i'm guessing !!! LMAO

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,042 Posts

this thread is from 2006. 720rwhp GE. Some have made similar or more power NA-T even before that date. With the right parts recipe the GE won’t hold you back.

·
From the land down under
3,720 Posts
Julian, as mentioned previously, JDM models of the JZA80 did not get the vvti NA motors, so you dont need to worry about that in Australia.

Please spend a lot of time in the Naturally aspirated sub forum, and go through all of the highly informative NA-T threads in there, as I can assure you that any question you have would have been asked, and answered in there :)

Unless you are going to be running E85, then I dont think you are going to hit your goal of 600-700hp on pump fuel, with a PT61. However if you are planning on running it on ethanol, then I wouldnt even worry about swapping the head gasket, as running it on 10:1 will be fine, provided you have a good tuner.

Im not sure why you said that you will need to change the fuel rail?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Julian, as mentioned previously, JDM models of the JZA80 did not get the vvti NA motors, so you dont need to worry about that in Australia.

Please spend a lot of time in the Naturally aspirated sub forum, and go through all of the highly informative NA-T threads in there, as I can assure you that any question you have would have been asked, and answered in there :)

Unless you are going to be running E85, then I dont think you are going to hit your goal of 600-700hp on pump fuel, with a PT61. However if you are planning on running it on ethanol, then I wouldnt even worry about swapping the head gasket, as running it on 10:1 will be fine, provided you have a good tuner.

Im not sure why you said that you will need to change the fuel rail?
From what ive heard, to turbo the GE, you will need a new fuel rail as the GTE has a completely different one and it wont work on the GE. If i had a PT61, on pump, how much power would i be looking at. I would probably not run it on e85...

·
From the land down under
3,720 Posts
From what ive heard, to turbo the GE, you will need a new fuel rail as the GTE has a completely different one and it wont work on the GE. If i had a PT61, on pump, how much power would i be looking at. I would probably not run it on e85...
Yes, the factory GTE and GE fuel rails are different as they use different style fuel injectors. GTE use side feed, and GE use top feed, but that doesn't affect you as you just use the fuel rail that you already have, and then buy the correct size fuel injectors to suit your power goal.

What sort of HP you could expect will depend on lots of factors, like compression ratio, turbine housing size, exhaust manifold design, octane of your fuel, and your ecu/tune etc.

Have you made your decision on the above parts yet?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, the factory GTE and GE fuel rails are different as they use different style fuel injectors. GTE use side feed, and GE use top feed, but that doesn't affect you as you just use the fuel rail that you already have, and then buy the correct size fuel injectors to suit your power goal.

What sort of HP you could expect will depend on lots of factors, like compression ratio, turbine housing size, exhaust manifold design, octane of your fuel, and your ecu/tune etc.

Have you made your decision on the above parts yet?
I don't know a great deal about compression ration and how to alter it on 2jz's but i will most likely be running it on BP Ultimate (98-100 octane) and the pt61 will be .68 A/R. Exhaust manifold is still to be decided.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts