Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i decided that im going with the aem ems on my car... ive done some reading about it but nothing very specific so im not sure what all i need..

will i still need to get an FJO wb o2 setup? or does the aem read that.. if i need the fjo, do i need just the display? or everything?

does the aem control boost? or will i need a boost controller? i have a blitz sbc-dc now, will that work or will i need something better?

and last.. what are the system requirements for running the aem? i have a laptop now, its pretty old so im gonna get a new one.. probably a dell.. so some input on specs for the computer would be helpful...

btw this is for an mkiii but im sure its the same... and the reason im asking here is because alot more of you guys have this than we do..

thanks in advance...;)

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Hey buddy, be sure to check out www.aempower.com for the best on AEM help! Also search around here there have been some solid threads regarding AEM setup and requirements.

Here is what you are going to need to get the car running properly:

Map sensor (gm 3 bar, kalvico 3.5 bar, kalvico 5 bar, etc)

IAT sensor (GM sells this with pigtail at www.gmpartsdirect.com)

Some sort of ignition amp/solution (I use the DLI, others use other solutions such as LS1 coils, MSD box, AEM CDI, etc)

Definitely get a wideband of some sort. This will make tuning SO Much easier, safer, and more reliable. I run the FJO with its own display, others use the techedge, innovative, and aem units. Definitely get a display for the wideband even though the AEM reads this sensor so you can match the two to read the same
;)

If you want the AEM to control boost, you are going to need a solenoid of some sort (GM solenoid or apexi solenoid are most common)

Hope this helps!

Andrew

·
Registered
193 Posts
The minimum computer specs are in the users manual. They recommend 256Mb ram for datalogging. Many new laptops don't have serial ports which means you will have to get a PCMCIA serial adaptor ($$) for it to work correctly (usb-serial adaptors ususally don't work)

what are the system requirements for running the aem? i have a laptop now, its pretty old so im gonna get a new one.. probably a dell.. so some input on specs for the computer would be helpful...
[/B]

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the responses... one more question.... do you guys leave your computers in your cars? or tune then take it out... if you keep it in there, where do you keep it? i was thinking about making a moveable stand for mine... any ideas or pics of this?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
humm... those are pretty neet... i wonder if they would stay in place under WOT... lol

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are there any other option like that airdesk? I was think of doing something custom but these products might be cheaper.

Any other linsk?

·
Registered
855 Posts
That's a cool mount for the car. I like it.
I also wonder what would happen under single turbo acceleration? =)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well thanks guys for your helpful replies... you guys arent as big of dicks as everyone says.. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts