Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll try to make this a bigger thread instead of one offs here, maybe we can all use it as a "what's missing" reference for those doing similar projects. This is a 93 I picked up, original 5 speed car swapped to a JDM GTE non-vvti. Top priority is getting the interior pieced back together which has been more of a task than originally assumed! I used to have a 94 TT 6 speed so considering myself familiar but every now and then I'm hitting head scratchers.

First up is understanding what the heck is going on with my carpet mating to my door sill trim... The trim has tabs on the bottom of course but they don't mate to anything. I'm not confident this is OEM carpet but I can't disprove it yet either. Any ideas on what's supposed to be here?
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle

More to come, I've noticed there's not a great number of photos of things like this, I'm going to try and document some of the more obscure things here as I tackle it like all of the targa mount pieces, what they are and where they go because the Toyota diagrams are incomplete and not very helpful.

· Registered
172 Posts
Mine is the same way, but on that plastic piece I see that the carpet was stapled to it. Whether that was OEM or not I'm not sure, but I'm gonna order a black carpet from that guy in Australia one of these days.

· Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is the same way, but on that plastic piece I see that the carpet was stapled to it. Whether that was OEM or not I'm not sure, but I'm gonna order a black carpet from that guy in Australia one of these days.
You can still buy the OEM black carpet from dealers, I did go ahead and order one myself :). Wasn't $1000 I was planning on spending, but should make a nice difference, this carpet is in poor shape anyway. I still think there may be a piece in-between I'm missing though

· Registered
172 Posts
You can still buy the OEM black carpet from dealers, I did go ahead and order one myself :). Wasn't $1000 I was planning on spending, but should make a nice difference, this carpet is in poor shape anyway. I still think there may be a piece in-between I'm missing though
I suppose I should specify, mine is RHD*

But yeah not sure if I'm gonna have someone staple or for me or risk using the spray glue...

· Registered
1993 JDM 5spd SZ hardtop in 202 blek.
620 Posts
That piece is stapled to white trim clip. They do come off sometimes.
This. There's a sectional white plastic trim that is stapled on to the carpet. This white plastic trim wedges into the door sill (underneath the black plastic trim in your photo).

· Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay that confirms that this is almost for sure aftermarket carpet, I'd assume the new OEM carpet should have those strips. Guessing this is what we're talking about (not mine, but a for sale listing for OEM tan carpet):
Natural material Composite material Concrete Wood Automotive exterior

I don't exactly see how these will fit together but might be more evident once I get the new carpet in here on Monday.

· Registered
1993 JDM 5spd SZ hardtop in 202 blek.
620 Posts
It honestly looks like it could be original tbh and they do come off pretty easy. Particularly if it was pulled from the car with little care OR was being rolled up for easier storage/shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts