Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering this because I plan on going single someday soon and since I cant find any help in passing smog I did find that my brother had a run in with a guy at a test only center who was lenient/cool guy here, and said that as long as you pass the emissions and the emissions related parts under the hood and the original cat are all there, then youll be okay.

So I was wondering what parts related to emissions(ie, hoses etc.) are removed when you go single and can the be put back in temporarily for the visual and then taken off again?

p.s since its hard to go with the AEM I will be using the VPC since my brother passed this time with that one.

Also I know that these are the parts,that I got from a supra forums members smog check certificate they posted, that they look for when doing the visual,/functionality test

PVC,
Catalytic converter,
EGR, Wiring to sensors,
fuel cap integrity test
spark controls,
vaccum lines to sensors/switches
fuel evaporative controls
system malfunction light
carb/fuel injection

the last one they say is other related emissions components
I was wondering what these were.

thank you very much for your help

sincerly
panditha

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
i suppose you could live with everything still intact, except for the stock tuning, lean it out a little bit as far as you are willing to push it and see if it will meet requirements, otherwise, you can conversely remove everything. i have no cats, no egr, no care for the environment with regard to my car, little love for the charcoal filter, and the list goes on. what are you trying to do?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kale said:
i suppose you could live with everything still intact, except for the stock tuning, lean it out a little bit as far as you are willing to push it and see if it will meet requirements, otherwise, you can conversely remove everything. i have no cats, no egr, no care for the environment with regard to my car, little love for the charcoal filter, and the list goes on. what are you trying to do?

well basically im to pass smog legally,( since i cant find a "friend") with the single turbo and since the guy i know is pretty cool and leinent and more focused on passing the emmissions part, i can do a single turbo. plus also just yesterday a guy here posted he passed emissions with a single because he had the stock cats hooked up (he had the phr stage 1 gt60 kit) which is basically also what the guy told my brother(That keep the cats stock as well as basicaly almost every emissions system functional and the rest of the stuff under the hood ie modifications etc. will not matter because its the tailpipe emissions test that determines for the most part wheather you pass or not, not the visual)

kale said:
what are you trying to do?
basically i want to have a daily driven high hp single turbo automatic supra(my goal is to make at least 600+bhp on pump gas for daily drivin(i plan on going with the boost logic T71GTQ for that) and beyond that for strip use. that still has the egr systems and other related egr part still in tact or temporarily removed and can be put back in whenever needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts