Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and by options i do NOT mean an expensive BBK, that would be sweet but not an investment right now. i'm thinking of just getting all new brake calipers, stock. How does that sound? Any other easy, not too expensive options? Mk4 calipers? 3Z calipers? If so, what kind of work would those need in order to fit.

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
I looked into bigger calipers but it seemed more trouble than it was worth to me. So I went with stainless steel brake lines, drilled and slotted rotors, and high performance pads. I did all that for $400. Thats my 2 cents.

Dennis

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice combo but that doesnt answer my question because the calipers are old and one for sure doesnt even lock in the brake pad anymore, and they make crunching noises. I doubt thats pad related.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Supra_Dre i would do the following

4 Brand new stock Calipers (Painted Option)
F&R high performance brakes
Slotted Rotors
SS Brake lines
Brake Fluid flush w/good fluid

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Going with remanufactured/rebuilt calipers from a place like carquest will do you just fine too. Or, find out some of your local oem replacement supply depots and order from them.

Brake pads = Porterfield
Brake Rotors = Rotora slotted (don't get drilled and slotted)
Hoses = Goodrich stainless steel/braided

Where can you get the pads, rotors, hoses?

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateE.asp?SubFolderID=330&SearchYN=N

Don't get the powerslot/powerstop rotors. Spend the extra couple bucks and be happy. I have the exact listed setup and I love it.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Twigger said:
Chrisco, all togather what did your brake setup run you?
Well the prices for the pads, rotors and hoses are exactly as you see on the MVP webpage. IIRC the calipers were around 200 bucks, so it was between $6-700 for a complete brake overhaul. And that is just cost of parts, I do my own labor.

·
SuperWhiteNinetyTwoMeat
1,001 Posts
^So roughly $4-500 minus the calipers, I guess that is not so bad for a decent setup like that.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i paid
$45 each for front remanufactured calipers
$47 each rear remanufactured calipers
$45 each for brembo cross drilled rotors
$65 Baker Precision custom steel braided lines
$25 NEO super DOT610 racing brake fluid
$175 Porterfield Race Pads

1 - 10 of 10 Posts