Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Addiction
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at some new tires and want the best handling I can get out of tires for mostly dry conditions and sometimes wet in the price range of $500-600 fitting on 18's with 275s and 235s. Thanks guys

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm running kumho mx's. Supposed to be comparable to bfg kd's but at a fraction of the cost. I havent pushed them yet but several people swear by them on this forum and it also received good reviews on tirerack.

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Is that $500-$600 total for per tire? I absolutely love my BFG KDs.

Steve K.

·
Addiction
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Evill Supra said:
Is that $500-$600 total for per tire? I absolutely love my BFG KDs.

Steve K.
sadly... for all 4 :urowned:

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
I :love: my KDW's too

I paid about $800 for mine give or take.. they are 245s and 285s on 18s. If you can save up or squeeze out a little more they're worth it!

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
toyo's are all pretty good; i have 4's not bad. RA-1's and TPT's better tho

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
Giggs said:
sadly... for all 4 :urowned:
I second the Kumho MX's. Great bang for the buck and they did pretty well at the road course.
I found that I could order them from Tire Rack, drop ship them to an installer (your choice), cheaper than buying them at the installer. In fact, my tire guy recommended it!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Mich PS2

Nice soft ride, and very good handling rain or shine!

I have Yoko Sports, they are great in the dry, but suck with any wet conditions. Cold conditions are also sucky. Stiff tires though. These are great for hot days ;)

I have heard great things about the KDW's as well

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
I think some folks are missing the cost issue, and what I assume is a desire for a street tire.
It's hard to get a competition tire at a low cost and good treadwear. Actually, it's impossible.
For $400-500/set, you can get decent street tires from Kumho. I ran my MX's on the street for a long time, as well as a few track days. In fact, I am still running them on the fronts!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I really like any Falken. I'm running a set of those new Cooper Zeon 2XS tires, and so far I'm VERY impressed. The have a 45 day test drive on them...if you don't like them after 45 days, take em back! So far, I'm really impressed. $121ea. for the fronts, $165ea. for the rears in your fitment from www.tiresavings.com

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,088 Posts
Its hard to find tires that size and at 600 bucks for all 4. I know before I even got the ventus tires at 275s and just for two it was like 450, so yea it be hard.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
guardrail said:
I'll second that

I use them as well. Pretty good tire. i paid aroudn 530 for all 4 of mine.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
markpaco said:
Falken RT-615s: the SCCA Solo II street tire of choice. The RT-215s were great too but have been replaced by this tire.

I have 235/40R18 in the front and 275/35R18 on the rear.

Check out this article

You can get them from the following places:

www.vulcantire.com (cheapest but depends on shipping)
www.edgeracing.com
www.tires.com

The 615 won't be in the 500-600 dollar price range unless he finds a killer deal somewhere.

I think that's why someone brought up the 451 in the first place.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts