Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember if water pump goes bad it will start leaking coolant?
does it make any abnormal sounds when it goes bad?

I'm not losing coolant, but kinda worried that my water pump might be going bad cuz the last time at 120,000miles service Toyota did not replace my waterpump when they did my timing belt. now the waterpump has over 75,000miles on it.

thanx

Jonas

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Jonas,

Normally, if the H2O pump bearings are going bad it will have a abnormal screeching noise from it (hard to tell..though). But, definitely spotting coolant leak from the H2O pump is the best confirmation of the pump going bad. Also, it may warrant a check if you are constantly overheating (or running hotter than normal)..though this may be due to a bad radiator, thermostat, etc. They should have changed the H20 pump back then because it would have saved you some labor time. Unless, the pump was replaced at 60K (and even if so)..an aged H2O pump like that may go anytime....

Good luck!

Regards,
Shawn.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
make sense to me! thanx Shawn, I will just replace it and take it out of my "overheat" situation...

Jonas

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zerosoul said:
I remember if water pump goes bad it will start leaking coolant?
does it make any abnormal sounds when it goes bad?

I'm not losing coolant, but kinda worried that my water pump might be going bad cuz the last time at 120,000miles service Toyota did not replace my waterpump when they did my timing belt. now the waterpump has over 75,000miles on it.

thanx

Jonas
When my h2opump was leaking coolant, i noticed that the radiator fans were screaming 3x louder than normal. I don't know for sure if its related, but the screaming sure disappeared once i replaced the defective pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts