Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
live in sunrise, nice city and tamarac also. Low drama sort of but anywhere in broward county house prices are very high... + insurance (home) and taxes are extremely high too.. I just purchase a duplex in ft lauderdale and the insurance is $4800... sorry for the bad news.. if you are planning to move to florida anywhere north of Palm Beach county may have your best value for houses on the east coast...

·
Supraless By Choice
1,430 Posts
In my opinion, Renting = Waist of money $$$$... However, i guess if you don't have money to buy than you really don't have a choice. Anyhow, I'm selling my townhouse which is in Pembroke Pines about 10-15 min of Sunrise... Check out the link here...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366285

Good luck with your house hunt! Let me know if you are interested.

Dan

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Tamarac is low to middle class. Mostly built in the 60's and 70's. Lots of places where you will need a dog to guard your mkiv. Sunrise is a bit better. Alot of newer development out there in Sunrise, but still mixed in with some old.. it is mostly middle class some upper class areas (mostly the newer developments) still lots of "ghetto" areas, but not nearly as bad as Tamarac. If you can afford Coral Springs, Parkland, West Boca are nice places to live. And if you are looking to be further South, then west Davie "SouthWest Ranches" or Pembroke Pines is the place to be...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sunrise isn't bad. Lots of places to eat and shop. I live near the mall and pay $1235 for a 1 bedroom with a garage for the MKIV. As mentioned above, Coral Springs is a bit nicer and less congested.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
id disagree with less congested... at least during the day...at night its not too bad. but all day you have all the stay at home mom's and independantly wealthy out driving their RR Phantoms to the mall or subway and shit... traffic is horrible during the day there.. but the same can be said for almost anywhere in south florida.

·
Registered
576 Posts
jon_24v said:
id disagree with less congested... .
I meant yards. Less "cookie cutter" like neighborhoods. There are more homes with actual yard space in Coral Springs if you have the $$$$.

You are right though.....not any less congested on the roads

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
JoesSupra said:
I meant yards. Less "cookie cutter" like neighborhoods. There are more homes with actual yard space in Coral Springs if you have the $$$$.

You are right though.....not any less congested on the roads
oh, yeah totally!!! some of the newer neighborhoods here in Coral Springs are like that... but very few and far between. Alot of high dollar shit too... and one of the best (if not THE best) school districts in south florida.

G

·
Nice place, just curious, how much are your monthly taxes, insurance and condo fees? Thats not listed on Realtor.com post. Good luck selling.

BLKLABL said:
In my opinion, Renting = Waist of money $$$$... However, i guess if you don't have money to buy than you really don't have a choice. Anyhow, I'm selling my townhouse which is in Pembroke Pines about 10-15 min of Sunrise... Check out the link here...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366285

Good luck with your house hunt! Let me know if you are interested.

Dan

G

·
I live in Pembroke Pines and I find the traffic and congestion to be HORRIBLE. I like Southwest Ranches though, nice area....amazing school district (all A's) and nice property space. But as far as taxes...those will kill you. Renting is alot more affordable down here, so that would probably be your best bet if your strapped for cash.

·
What it is Jive Turkey?
126 Posts
Sunrise is a good place. Just stay away from Nob Hill and Oakland during rush hour. Gets really bad. I live in Plantation. 5 mins away from the Sawgrass Mall. 2 mins away from a Publix, Winn-Dixie, Walgreens, Blockbuster, etc....

·
First to full boost?
465 Posts
sunrise is nice and laid back, just gota watch out for them old ladies lol they do dent ur car when u hit them lol. where i live condos go for usally 80-100K 2 BED 2 bath. decent place

·
Supraless By Choice
1,430 Posts
Notorious 2JZ said:
Nice place, just curious, how much are your monthly taxes, insurance and condo fees? Thats not listed on Realtor.com post. Good luck selling.

Actually we have all of those charges rolled up into an escrow account with the mortgage. But just to give you an idea, my property tax which is based on what i paid for the property 2years ago is $3,049.08 yr... The Maintenance fee is $150.00 a month which includes lawn maintenance, exterior maintenance, pool maintenace, security driving around at all times of day, park, sprinkler maintenance ... can't remember if i'm missing anything. Also, it's not a condo, but a 3/3 townhouse with a 1 car garage.

Just an FYI, my wife and I are moving out to Sunshine Ranches, it's definitely a great place to raise a family. Schools are A++++ as is the area, neighbors and surounding community. If you have to sacrifice a few things in life, i would in order to purchase a home. When you rent, you don't own anything and you are basically throwing money away. I would consider buying in a not so perfect area in order to be a home owner. Instead of buying a house, consider buying a condo or townhouse... The equity you can build (even if it's for one year) will be more than what you are coming out with from renting...
Good luck,

Dan

Dan

G

·
Thanks for the info. agree with you to an extent, but since I am a mortgage broker, and since Broward county went from 7000 to 15000+ Multilist listings in ONE MONTH, I would say its a buyers market. With taxes, HOA fees, prepayment penalty (present on most mortgagesfor fist few years) and real estate agent fees (6% once you list it) you are not going to build much if anything in the year or two, especially in such slow market as it is today. It will most likely cost you money. My friend just rented a 2/2.5 loft 1750sq/ft, brand new, fully decked out with SS appliances, granite, hardwood (in Delray on intracoastal, market value $520,000) for $2000/mo. Now, you cant beat that, there ain't no mortgage that cheap out there, half a mil place will cost you $5000 or so a month with all the taxes/fees, maybe even more.

Good luck selling your place tho

BLKLABL said:
Actually we have all of those charges rolled up into an escrow account with the mortgage. But just to give you an idea, my property tax which is based on what i paid for the property 2years ago is $3,049.08 yr... The Maintenance fee is $150.00 a month which includes lawn maintenance, exterior maintenance, pool maintenace, security driving around at all times of day, park, sprinkler maintenance ... can't remember if i'm missing anything. Also, it's not a condo, but a 3/3 townhouse with a 1 car garage.

Just an FYI, my wife and I are moving out to Sunshine Ranches, it's definitely a great place to raise a family. Schools are A++++ as is the area, neighbors and surounding community. If you have to sacrifice a few things in life, i would in order to purchase a home. When you rent, you don't own anything and you are basically throwing money away. I would consider buying in a not so perfect area in order to be a home owner. Instead of buying a house, consider buying a condo or townhouse... The equity you can build (even if it's for one year) will be more than what you are coming out with from renting...
Good luck,

Dan

Dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts