Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a soon-to-be Supra TT owner. Trying to decide between auto or stick. While a 6-speed would be fun to row through the gears, what are the automatics like, performance wise? As a daily driver? Any comments? Pros and cons? I'd like to hear from everyone..manual and auto owners alike...thanks alot!!! ~Ron

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
from an auto owner, I can tell you this... consider how much of each type of driving do you do...

what I mean by this is if you drive city miles to and from work and back, get automatic..

then again, if you do that driving, yet you plan on going to the track often, the get the stick..

I have an auto and I love it for daily driving, but yesterday I went for a drive in the canyons.. and well.. its not a manual.. lets put it that way...

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
Yes the manual is more fun to drive, but I looked for 10 months and couldn't find a good one, so I bought an Auto, and I don't regret it.

The auto with a few tweaks is just as fast (if not faster) than a 6-speed and is great if you have to commute. I'll keep up with anyone in the canyons and if I ever get out on the road course, with a little practice, I think I can keep up with pretty much any car out there too.

The only disadvantage I see with the Auto is being able to drift like a maniac in a controlled manner. It can be done, but it takes a lot of finess to put the power down right. But so does launching a 6-speed at the drag strip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts