Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so these are my plans i plan to get straight exhaust, cold intake,performance headers,performance cams,performance ignition kit,plugs wires coil,,,,,,,,turbo controler and what else..... simple cheap things less than 500 dollars, ive heard that people turn in their ecus to have chips added to them is that true and how can i go about it, and what other mods can i do weight reduction what are the main things to get rid off

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Straight exhaust ok, make it a 3" one and you're all set, don't forget a decent downpipe.

Cold intake, there are no bolt-on kits so you'll have to fab something up yourself.

Performance headers, exhaust headers can be had cheap from ebay, intake headers... well the only real upgrade is a ffim, but that will require more changes. Typically the ffim is mroe expensive then 500 dollar also.

Performance cams, look into it, but take your time reading and make sure you understand what it actually all does and means before you throw money at it.

Performance ignition kit, there are a few different options here. From better leads to custom COP setups. Search around you'll find plenty of info.

Turbo controllers are no different then any other car, it's nothing but a valve controlling the reaction of the wastegate.

About the ECU, it hasn't ever been cracked. You can hook-up a piggyback like a MAFT-pro or go standalone. The pggyback is the most easier solution, but the standalone gives you more freedom. Freedom means it's also very easy to turn any engine into shrapnel.

Weight reduction is something i have really no info about. Someone else will chime in i bet.

Keep in mind, cheap, fast, reliable... pick two.

either cheap and reliable but not fast or
cheap and fast, but not reliable or
fast and reliable, but not cheap.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
The poll doesn't make sense at all lol.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
That's exactly the reason why i haven't voted at all... the poll itselfs confuses me lol.

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
so these are my plans i plan to get straight exhaust, cold intake,performance headers,performance cams,performance ignition kit,plugs wires coil,,,,,,,,turbo controler and what else..... simple cheap things less than 500 dollars, ive heard that people turn in their ecus to have chips added to them is that true and how can i go about it, and what other mods can i do weight reduction what are the main things to get rid off
Ok, here is my advice:

Get everything fixed, and install a MHG, then worry about everything else

<l><l>

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just into this website and i dont wknow whata poll is. i know u are asking what does the poll mean but what ami suppose to put there...??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tell me what not to do in the supra,,, such as what i s recomended launch onthis tranny. this is my first rr car so i know ff u can basically launch off of watever in stock axels. the only thing to worry i s the throw out bearing but what about a rr car, what should the maximum rpm without fukin something up and what do u mean to know what im doin the cams for, what else should i know its for more hp increase mpg. so i can controll the turbo without a controller what is max factory turbo on the 7mgte. i ordered a new engine well 30,000 miles and ill be driving it for the first time this weekend. i found someone to swap the new one in for 350$usd. what about the after market intercooler wil it do much difference in performance?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
tell me what not to do in the supra,,, such as what i s recomended launch onthis tranny. this is my first rr car so i know ff u can basically launch off of watever in stock axels. the only thing to worry i s the throw out bearing but what about a rr car, what should the maximum rpm without fukin something up and what do u mean to know what im doin the cams for, what else should i know its for more hp increase mpg. so i can controll the turbo without a controller what is max factory turbo on the 7mgte. i ordered a new engine well 30,000 miles and ill be driving it for the first time this weekend. i found someone to swap the new one in for 350$usd. what about the after market intercooler wil it do much difference in performance?
Its really hard to help someone if they cant :english:

I think someplace in that mess you said more hp increases the mpg if so can you tell me how???? im stuck at like 8 city and 14 highway damn 6x1000cc injectors.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I think someone got a car and is planning to mod it... but hasn't read up on it yet. Try reading a couple of threads before modifying your car. You'll learn a great deal from reading on here or on supramania.

First do some maintenance, fix everything that is broken, get a feeling for the car, make sure your pockets are deep enough and THEN start modding. And lose the Gran Turismo approach to modding.

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
Its really hard to help someone if they cant :english:

I think someplace in that mess you said more hp increases the mpg if so can you tell me how???? im stuck at like 8 city and 14 highway damn 6x1000cc injectors.
29 highway on 6x 1000cc RC Injectors here ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
7mgte performance all the way!!!

Although I could go for some "performance headers,performance cams, performance ignition kit,plugs wires coil,,,,,,,,turbo controler"

So many choices... all so very tempting.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts