Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after years of ownership I finely let my stock Baltic 6-speed go to a new owner yesterday. I was somewhat apprehensive of letting it go but the offer was too good and this guy has been asking about it for well over a year. Anyway, after making the transaction at the bank, Patrick started his quest home. Everything was great on his 4 hours journey until he got to his friends house that traveled with him to pick up the car. Then all of a sudden a young gal back directly into him without even looking in a way in which he could not avoid. It was like she was had no intensions of even thinking about her surrounding prior to backing up. Now this 1-9 rare unblemished MkIV’s will have a branded history as the car has a damaged passenger’s door and quarter panel.

Here’s a shot I took from work yesterday prior to meeting up for the transaction.

Like I stated, what are the odds?

·
Registered
98 Posts
It really pisses me off when I hear about rare cars like these getting hit or wrecked. I hope they're able to get it back into like-new shape.

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It nuts as he was so excited, he even texted me on his way home how happy he was and this morning I emailed asking if he made it safe and if he was still pumped and this is the news I received!

·
Super Moderator
10,842 Posts
Dave,

I wish I had known she was for sale. I believe this is the car that set the SF record, IMO, for fastest sale ever.

That's a horrible situation. Young girls, talking, texting, applying make-up and speeding are my nightmare. I drive 100-miles everyday in my round trip to and from work. There have been more occasions than I care to remember where I avoided accidents by avoiding the oncoming brain dead young females (many of which never see me).

Ken.

·
Blood for Blood
8,321 Posts
That sucks to hear I talked to you about that car a long time ago... I only passed on it because I am not into that color at all. I hope the new owner is not to broken up over what happened.

·
Demented Motorsports
343 Posts
Dreamcar nightmare

Yes indeed. Absolutely perfect car, perfect carfax, hardtop 6 speed and I finally had one...for four and a half hours before some college age girl slammed me. My friend came with me to pickup the car. We had met at a parking lot near my house and he rode in my other car to pick this one up and drove my other car back. I was dropping him off at his car after we returned going maybe 8 mph in the parking lot when the girl in a trailblazer in one fell swoop backed directly into the rear of the passenger door and quarter panel. Trailer hitches are a biatch when they stab into your brake scoop!

I was FURIOUS to say the least. The car WILL be fixed properly and will be documented. It is truly a great machine after all these years.

Patrick

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Yes indeed. Absolutely perfect car, perfect carfax, hardtop 6 speed and I finally had one...for four and a half hours before some college age girl slammed me. My friend came with me to pickup the car. We had met at a parking lot near my house and he rode in my other car to pick this one up and drove my other car back. I was dropping him off at his car after we returned going maybe 8 mph in the parking lot when the girl in a trailblazer in one fell swoop backed directly into the rear of the passenger door and quarter panel. Trailer hitches are a biatch when they stab into your brake scoop!

I was FURIOUS to say the least. The car WILL be fixed properly and will be documented. It is truly a great machine after all these years.

Patrick
Could happen to anyone - don't sweat it. you have the passion and that's what counts!

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
1,936 Posts
thats sad to hear man

·
Build in Progress
335 Posts
Unfortunately the only way of preventing accidents is to not drive. And well I got my car to drive. It sucks that it happened but thats the risk we take every time we pull them out of the driveway. Find and good reputable body shop, have her fixed and enjoy it.

·
TEXAS JZA80
225 Posts
i had the same feeling i have when someone looses a loved one reading this, i don't think i would know what to say. on the way home, that's so terrible.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts