Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm just a few hours work from installing the engine/trans and have these 3 items that I don't know where they go. Can anyone tell me what these are and I'll get them in place before the install so I don't have to stand on my head if these go deep somewhere. Thanks. The masking tape is just there for scale.

The curved thing is black plastic and looks like a guard or cosmetic cover of some type.

The part with the steel curved rods is very heavily constructed - exhaust hanger?

The circular item is black plastic and looks like a wire loom cover or similar.
Hand tool Tool Wood Metalworking hand tool Font

Tool Saw Font Auto part Metal

Attachments

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Not sure on the other 2 but the one with the hooks is an exhaust hanger that attaches by the cat.

Reactions: Dumeinao

·
Super Moderator
11,197 Posts
Where does the fuel tube protector go?
Under the car, as the lines go up toward the fuel filter if memory serves. Given the curvature, the only other place for it would be at the rear of the car as the line comes from the top of the tank to run along the frame.

The large bracket is the exhaust hanger that mounts at the stock primary catalytic converter. On the 7M-GE cars I can't remember if it goes on the front or the rear of the cat, but the exhaust hanger brackets should be pretty obvious and show you the correct side. The nuts are captive so you can line up everything on the bolts alone and that does make it easier.

Not sure about the plastic ring. But that type of plastic was typically an interior thing not an exterior thing, possibly in the engine bay somewhere.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Here is the only pic I could find. The piece you have is on the front of the plastic runner to the left of the exhaust. It should be where the fuel lines start to go up the firewall.
Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Vehicle

·
Registered
1,369 Posts

Looks like 77277R in that EPC page to me. Based on the location it might go near the full tube?

·
90T
861 Posts
This is GTE, but the hanger looks the same. Its easy to come up with different perturbations of bolting it to the cat that shifts everything around by a few inches creating havoc.

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aaron - thanks for the input and the time. That part you suspect is actually a steel guard for the filler tube and important to have in place for others. It prevents the tube from being damaged in a severe crushing impact. Thank you, however. 3p - yep, that's the location for the heavy rod mystery item - thanks. I found the round one goes in the inner fender next to the battery last night to protect the loom from chafing. The curvy plastic thing I think the fuel tube protector is a good lead and I'll check if the mounting bolts line up when under the car this evening. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts