Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are these? Will not start?

??

Yesterday, my car broke down on me, and now won't start. While I was looking around the engine, I found these. Of course I then also found that there was ver very little oil showing on the dipstick, and the spark plug galley had lots of oil in it... the valve covers are on tight... :( I've of course added some oil, but the car still isn't starting. It will crank no problems, but will not turn over. I've gotten what oil I could out of the spark plug galley, but I havn't cleaned the whole thing out yet. What other ways are there for oil to get in there? other then the valve covers?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And where would I find the other ends to connect them to?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, another thing. It had rained heavily just before driving the car, and I had driven through some puddles. Is there anything that could've gotten wet and caused the car to shut off and not start?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
And where would I find the other ends to connect them to?
There are two VSV's (little square black things about the size of a large matchbox with a round thing and two vacume hose inlets) that connect up to your EGR system, they plug in to those. If you have no EGR system, just leave them dangling (like me)

Ninja edit: just about the only thing that can cause oil in the spark plug valleys is valve cover gaskets, and it's possible to over-torque those shitty bolts so that the gaskets don't seal. It's sometimes hard to tell where they're leaking from, but I almost guarantee they are. It's also possible that the PCV hoses on the top of the valve covers are leaking and dripping down. There are some plugs in the spark plug valley that have gaskets also but I'd suspect your valve covers before I'd suspect those, unless you removed the spark plug valley cover plate thing and didn't replace the gaskets on the plugs, then it's probably those.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Yes, the EGR system was removed, so I guess I won't worry about them. Anyone have any ideas about why it won't start? I'd love to get it started sometime today/tonight. :\

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Checked fuses, they all seem fine. Starter is working, no problems with the clutch start switch.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I checked the codes, and I'm getting code 12. ECU, Starter, CPS?

Also I figure I probably am not doing the best at describing it, so here is a video:

·
Registered
202 Posts
So then it won't be a problem describing to me how to do those things?
okay start with your plugs. check their gaps. check their condition. if all seems fine, check the resistance on the wires. If those are okay, check your coil packs resistance. if thats okay, check your ignitors resistance. check your grounds. then fuel is self explanatory.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts