Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Exiled Supra Owner
3,986 Posts
Toyota's recommended ATF (Dextron). I have yet to see my P/S boilover (I do have a P/S cooler also).

· Banned
821 Posts
Anyone using any other brands I believe Royal Purple claims there ps fluid will work with units requiring atf

Also do you think any dexron formula above II which I believe is what is OEM will work fine I believe all higher numbers meet all the previous requirements plus

TIA,
Anthony

· Pays Cash, No Questions
4,704 Posts
Valvoline Synthetic ATF. I also have a 24,000GVWR trans cooler that I converted to a PS cooler, though. No boilover, all is well.

· Game Over
1,767 Posts
Oh sweet. So I don't see a reason why my Ams Atf stuff wouldnt work? It says in the back Toyota Type T and TIV and that its excellent for power steering units that use ATF? Thanks guys

· Registered
210 Posts
Wow I am surprised to hear that we can use ATF in the power steering. I have never heard that. I have been using regular ol power steering fluid....

· Registered
210 Posts
So is ATF and power steering fluid the same thing (like Brake fluid and clutch fluid)? Or is this a solution that does not boil as quickly? What is the purpose that you guys are not using power steering fluid?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.