Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i've been interested in mvp's chrome gauge bezzels for quite some time. link here: http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateE.asp?SubFolderID=1326&SearchYN=N I've searched and i've seen a few pictures, but i'm wondering what do you guys think of them? How about the guy's that have bought them? Any regrets? Do you like them? can you live without them? Also since pictures are pretty much scattered through tons of different threads, if you got any pictures of the chrome gauges think you can post them up in here? Thanks.

·
TE44 NA-T
1,026 Posts
For that price, I can live without them.

Or just spray paint the original ones, or make your own.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
adversary said:
For that price, I can live without them.

Or just spray paint the original ones, or make your own.
well i can't make my own, and don't trust myself with spray paint. besides, do the bezzels coem apart from the gauge piece? i don't think they do, but i could be wrong

·
Supraless member
317 Posts
I think they look nice...I wouldn't buy them for that price, but if my car had bezels when I bought it, I would have kept them.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
the bezels as they come from the factory are one piece. I think i may just get an extra cluster and paint mine as the chrome ones are expensive for what they are. If I had the money i'd get them. They just stick over the stock pieces with tape or adhesive.

Alex

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
x95SupraNAx said:
i love them. they match really well with my SS gauge faces.

wow, those gauges look amazing, theyre the thor racing ones right? now hard was it to recalibrate the needles?

·
The Hustler
1,288 Posts
I want some. I just think $120 is CRAZY for those lil' things.....I will get some sooner or later, though. HA

·
Banned
291 Posts
HydroMatrix said:
wow, those gauges look amazing, theyre the thor racing ones right? now hard was it to recalibrate the needles?
yup those are the ones from thor racing. recalibration was super easy.. you just had to pay close attention to where the needles were when you pulled them off

·
Registered
491 Posts
Didn't like the price, but bought them anyways.
Make a drastic difference in appearance.
Only other downside besides price is I already have a small chip on one of them and don't even know how it happened?

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
x95SupraNAx said:
yup those are the ones from thor racing. recalibration was super easy.. you just had to pay close attention to where the needles were when you pulled them off
ah. i was gonna get in on the group buy but i thougth recalibrating the niddles would be way too hard... so.. howd you get your needles like that? your setup looks amazing

·
Hardtop >
1,162 Posts
I would love to pick up a set of the chrome gauge bezels, but they are so dam expensive! That would be awesome if we could get some company that makes gauge bezels for other imports make us an exact replica of the JDM ones, only half the price!

·
Banned
291 Posts
HydroMatrix said:
ah. i was gonna get in on the group buy but i thougth recalibrating the niddles would be way too hard... so.. howd you get your needles like that? your setup looks amazing
nah, to just prepare the needles for calibration...first just lightly pull up on the very tip of them and pull them over the little plastic needle stop and let the needles hang straight down. secondly, at this point you can now remove the needles and then the gauge faces..and when putting everything back together..just maek sure you put the needles back on pointing straight down and then pull them back over the plastic gauge stop..and thats it. those steps work for the speedo and RPM. the gas gauge and temp gauge dont need any calibration. just look closely at what position they are in, remove them, and then put them back on in that same exact spot.

and to get my needles completly clear like that...i used "Resolve" multi-purpose cleaner stuff (its in a spray can) and some cotton balls. just soak the cotton balls with the cleaner, and then with light pressure, keep wiping the needle down for 15-30seconds and the paint will start to come off

*the clear looks amazing during the day, but at night the lighting doesnt really show through so im going to take them off again and paint the back of them white and that should make a huge difference..ill post pics once i do that

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
x95SupraNAx said:
nah, to just prepare the needles for calibration...first just lightly pull up on the very tip of them and pull them over the little plastic needle stop and let the needles hang straight down. secondly, at this point you can now remove the needles and then the gauge faces..and when putting everything back together..just maek sure you put the needles back on pointing straight down and then pull them back over the plastic gauge stop..and thats it. those steps work for the speedo and RPM. the gas gauge and temp gauge dont need any calibration. just look closely at what position they are in, remove them, and then put them back on in that same exact spot.

and to get my needles completly clear like that...i used "Resolve" multi-purpose cleaner stuff (its in a spray can) and some cotton balls. just soak the cotton balls with the cleaner, and then with light pressure, keep wiping the needle down for 15-30seconds and the paint will start to come off

*the clear looks amazing during the day, but at night the lighting doesnt really show through so im going to take them off again and paint the back of them white and that should make a huge difference..ill post pics once i do that
hmm, didnt know youc ould do that... did you disconect them from the cluster to wipe them down or anything? and did you replace the lighting for them? if not,, what color do they light up now? just clear or what? got any more pics? best gauge setup ive ever seen

·
Registered
129 Posts
My supra came with them stock, took them off and left them off when i resprayed my dash though, as they had corroded/tarnished, and couldnt be cleaned up *shrugs*.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
Damn! they look good!!! with all you guys posting up pictures of it, i'm thinking i'm gonna order a set sooner then i thought. Shit i got the damn TRD tach and that was an arm and a leg. Who reallys needs 10K RPMs right?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts