Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fastest Factory Auto
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock twins are going out, and I can either swap on a known good set of twins, or I can upgrade..

I'd love to upgrade, however the issue is cost, right now I do have a T3 Garret GT35R off my eclipse sitting in the garage, its currently got a .82 a/r exhaust housing, but I can swap on a larger housing.

Would a single T3 GT35R be a good interim solution while I save up the cash for a nice T4 setup?

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
You need way more than just a turbo to make things work. Your options are to swap in stock twins or go with a single kit. your stock manifold wouldn't work with that turbo, I doubt that turbo is big enough (although I 'm not familiar with it) and most importantly, it is probably meant for a different exhaust flange even if you did have a manifold meant for one turbo.

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
As far as I recall last time I saw VeilsideTT, he's shorter than me so maybe he needs a bigger turbo ;) ...j/k bud.

In any case, check this thread from the RoadRace section here where the GT35R is discussed along with other comparable turbos. I sounded pretty damn good, but depends on what you're looking for. And as mentioned above, you'll need a manifold and fuel system upgrade to take advantage of what it can do ...plus other stuff too I'm sure.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249546&highlight=GT35

·
Banned
297 Posts
I would slap a good clean set of stock twins and have fun with those until they die. In the meantime, put money aside and go single right the first time with all the proper components.

·
Fastest Factory Auto
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I failed to mention that I can get a t3 turbonetics manifold for $450, so with the manifold, the gt35r, and some oil lines, I could make it work, I'll check that thread out and see what I can expect from it.

I can get a 1.06 a/r exhaust housing for the turbo, it spooled at 4500 on the eclipse (2.0L 4cyl) and it can flow enough air on that motor for 600+ whp

I'm not looking for anything extravagant (sp?), 500 would be very sweet considering it would cost me very little, as I already have the turbo.

Matt

·
Fastest Factory Auto
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually im thinking its not a turbonetics manifold, I'll have to double check..

That thread has a lot of info, but no input from people running the turbo on the street, Id like to get 500whp out of it, without the charge air getting too hot

·
2jz powered
1,632 Posts
i don't think its turbonetics if its T3 beacuse all 2jz cast manifolds are for T4's. you could actually just make an adapter for the stock manifold to a t3 flange like the budget kit. i don't think that would be a bad idea. it would be relativly cheap and you can hold off on buying a manifold for a t4 turbo.

·
Fastest Factory Auto
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone sell these adapters?

Thanks
Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts