Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fastest Factory Auto
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock twins are going out, and I can either swap on a known good set of twins, or I can upgrade..

I'd love to upgrade, however the issue is cost, right now I do have a T3 Garret GT35R off my eclipse sitting in the garage, its currently got a .82 a/r exhaust housing, but I can swap on a larger housing.

Would a single T3 GT35R be a good interim solution while I save up the cash for a nice T4 setup?

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
You need way more than just a turbo to make things work. Your options are to swap in stock twins or go with a single kit. your stock manifold wouldn't work with that turbo, I doubt that turbo is big enough (although I 'm not familiar with it) and most importantly, it is probably meant for a different exhaust flange even if you did have a manifold meant for one turbo.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
As far as I recall last time I saw VeilsideTT, he's shorter than me so maybe he needs a bigger turbo ;) ...j/k bud.

In any case, check this thread from the RoadRace section here where the GT35R is discussed along with other comparable turbos. I sounded pretty damn good, but depends on what you're looking for. And as mentioned above, you'll need a manifold and fuel system upgrade to take advantage of what it can do ...plus other stuff too I'm sure.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249546&highlight=GT35

·
Fastest Factory Auto
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I failed to mention that I can get a t3 turbonetics manifold for $450, so with the manifold, the gt35r, and some oil lines, I could make it work, I'll check that thread out and see what I can expect from it.

I can get a 1.06 a/r exhaust housing for the turbo, it spooled at 4500 on the eclipse (2.0L 4cyl) and it can flow enough air on that motor for 600+ whp

I'm not looking for anything extravagant (sp?), 500 would be very sweet considering it would cost me very little, as I already have the turbo.

Matt

·
Fastest Factory Auto
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually im thinking its not a turbonetics manifold, I'll have to double check..

That thread has a lot of info, but no input from people running the turbo on the street, Id like to get 500whp out of it, without the charge air getting too hot

·
2jz powered
1,688 Posts
i don't think its turbonetics if its T3 beacuse all 2jz cast manifolds are for T4's. you could actually just make an adapter for the stock manifold to a t3 flange like the budget kit. i don't think that would be a bad idea. it would be relativly cheap and you can hold off on buying a manifold for a t4 turbo.

·
Fastest Factory Auto
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone sell these adapters?

Thanks
Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.