Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering who makes the best auto upgrades and what would be the best for a T78.

thanks
Shawn

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
Quite a few companies have tried w/ varying success to "sturdy up" the Supra tranny, its very tricky to get right.

First of all, definitely do not go to Level 10.

Second, I would really strongly suggest Sound Performance, while a few people have started offering tranny build ups for less, but they haven't been time proven. You should also go with a ~4000 rpm stall convertor.

I am very happy with my SP tranny.

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
koopdaddy said:
Do yourself a favor and at least look at what we have to offer.
Thanks
Frank

www.phoenixhardparts.com
Might as well, it can't hurt to explore all of your options.

Frank,

Have you had any of these break in the early testing stages? And if so, how much are you guys willing to stand behind your product. One of the reasons SP has done well besides being time proven it that they offer a good warranty and even after it expires they will stand behind their products because the Supra community is where he makes a living.

Another purely transmission shop out their that used to hold themsleves as the best, has basiscally just raped the almost every Supra owner that has sent a tranny to them, but they couldn't care less because they've been able to just keep on building trannies for other applications. (I'm sure you know who I'm speaking of)

IMHO, it worth an extra $1000 for the piece of mind, and it would cost me a lot more than $1000 if my tranny blew up again (even under a warranty) between labor, shipping and downtime.

Only time will tell, but if you guys make a quality product at a superior price and will stand behind your product, then you will get a lot business and you will deserve it.

K

·
0 Posts
We always warranty our work, ALWAYS. I have had 3 Supra' s and have been part of the community in different respects for a couple of years now.I use my own cars for R&D purposes. I just want to offer everyone a better product at a better price. I think that people who pay an extra $1,000 to buy a trans from SP are not doing are doing themselves a disservice. What most people don't know is this: SP DOES NOT REBUILD THEIR OWN TRANSMISSIONS. They use a little company called Roadmaster Transmissions, whose transmissions resemble Level 10 inside. That is why we are better for the Supra Community as well as our other customers. We build 120+ Transmissions per week in our own facility, with our own dyno's with 8 of the best Technicians in the business. We get our own parts manufactured for us, and have the best people making them. That gives us the best technical support as well as the best quality control. SP or Powerhouse Can't do what we do, I GUARANTEE IT!!! Maybe one day some of you will realize that we have a BETTER PRODUCT at a BETTER PRICE. Until then I will pull my hair out when people recommend other vendors that charge up to $1000 more than us for the EXACT SAME TRANSMISSION, without our own custom modifications.

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
You make some very valid points, I'm just a little cinical after being $10k lighter in the pocket.

I do know that SP uses Roadmaster, and I've spoken to Bill and he's a stand-up guy too. And I wouldn't be suprised if SP pays them about what you charge and then the rest is their profit, but there's nothing wrong with that. Of course paying $2200 instead of $3400 doesn't sound so bad either. My only concern is that I think Level 10 might have thought they were making a good product too. (probably not, and I'm not comparing you to them by any means)

But if you stand behind your product and its a good one then as I said, you'll do very well, and you'll deserve it.

Best of Luck!

Kerr, you should talk to all those out there and see what they have to offer. I just know that I'm pleased with my SP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts