Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am thinking about big single upgrade. I was thinking about T78 but to run it with stock fuel system is not so great idea. Maybe there is other good single turbo which will be OK to work with stock fuel system.

N

·
0 Posts
Big single and stock fuel system do not go together...

The stock fuel system maxes out at 500rwhp, so start your search there...

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
Peter Poland said:
Hi,

I am thinking about big single upgrade. I was thinking about T78 but to run it with stock fuel system is not so great idea. Maybe there is other good single turbo which will be OK to work with stock fuel system.
An SP57 or TS04 with a .58 a/r exhaust housing are the 'biggest' single turbos that are 'safe' for the oem fuel system.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Unless you want to run a max boost of 12-15psi with the T78, I recommend you go smaller if you plan on staying with the stock fuel system. The T04s04 or SP57 is a good choice for the street, my brother has the TO4s04 setup and it's very fun to drive. THere are people running the SP60 turbo as well which puts down a solid 525-550 rwhp.

·
3,148 Posts
I use a SP63 with stock fuel and MAF.

Later, Steve

·
boost is good
772 Posts
if you plan on keeping stock fuel for an extended period of time i would really reccomend getting a smaller turbo like some others mentioned (sp57, ts04, sp60, ect.) ive got a t78 on stock fuel running around 16psi right now. sure its awsome power and feels great but everytime i get on it i always have this thought in the back of my mind about blowing the engine. i have yet to see any boost fluctuation at all but theres always that chance.

BTW- i have an SP fuel system sitting in my room now waiting on install:)

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am thinking about such a solution because I can not afford to buy all stuff in the same time - too much $$$$. But after some time I could change fuel system, who knows...

Which to choose from suggested? Regarding price and performance.

·
Team ZTP
193 Posts
do you need a vpc with an sp57/some other small turbo on stock fuel. anything else that would be a must? i know that a vpc is expensive and no one seems to mention it when going single on stock fuel

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is very good question.

All knows Supras have great fuel system and it would be pity not to use it.

So please tell us what is a must when going with SP63 or SP57

Is MBC enough or I would have to buy EBC?
What about VPC?

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What about FMIC? I have active spiler and FMIC does not fit. Can I put two stock IC instead?

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just figured out that SP57 cost much more that T78!!!

So there is no sense to pay so much for smaller turbo with smaller potential. Am I wrong?

·
3,148 Posts
Your paying for a much more finished turbo. The SP turbos includes a downpipe. Ceramic coating on the header, turbine housing, and downpipe. The compressor housing is also polished. My friend had a T78 and he said his next turbo will be an SP63 with stock fuel, intercooler, and MAF. I use the stock MAF, though I do have a FMIC. It's not a problem running the stock MAF and intercooler, but you will make less hp. You could still hit 500rwhp with the stock intercooler, fuel, and MAF.

You work for a big parts company, maybe you can get your suppliers to give you all the parts you need for a fuel system. :)

Later, Steve

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Also...... The SP kits also come with the HKS Racing BOV Type 2 which retails for about $500!! We also include all the filters needed for the IAC and Breather. The air intake and IC pipes are powder coated, and I will include a pipe to hook up to your stock IC for free. It is a totally complete kit, you will need nothing else to install it.

Lar
SP

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Also, do not forget that with the SP kit, you can trade in your old turbo and upgrade to any larger turbo when you are ready to do the fuel system!!

Lar
SP

·
Registered
182 Posts
He Lar
What kind of trade in do you give? I'm thinking mid summer, SP70 plus fuel system. Not that the SP57 dissapoints, quite the contrary, but there are some big block trailer queens around here I'd like to show my tail lights to:D

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, how much for SP57?

If I buy T78 and set it by MBC to 17 psi what else will I need to buy?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts