Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sparkplugs should be used with the 1jz? Do I have to buy the mr2 turbo sparkplugs at the dealer or ngk and autolite will do?

·
Huh?
180 Posts
Plugs

I have NGK iradium and they seem great. Over 8 months of driving until the car broke down. They were around $6.60 each, a slight bit cheaper than platinums but better. Got them from autozone.

G

·
Supratrbox2 said:
I have NGK iradium and they seem great. Over 8 months of driving until the car broke down. They were around $6.60 each, a slight bit cheaper than platinums but better. Got them from autozone.

you can just run copper plugs, a lot cheaper than the others

i hear NGK 3330 are good

where in NJ are you from?

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
MattOneDime said:
NGK 6097, hands down the best. :)
No Doubt... aight peace :chicken:

·
Trev
1,516 Posts
stroker said:
ngk 6097's. Don't use iridium way too expensive.

Agreed. 6097's. Gapping is another story. I know a few guys that are running nicely with gaps of .028. mine ran way shitty on that gap, so i went to a .039 and it has been incredible.

Trev

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
3330's here

·
Registered
236 Posts
for stock 1jz, ik20 iridium works very well for me. i tried twice for the 3330 and it gives me rough idle. 3330 are for high boost plugs or bigger turbo.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Was wondering i bought those uber expensive NGK Iradiums that were like 12.00 a pop. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Cheapo 6097's are better then them or not?

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
I've used the NGK Iridiums. They are pretty nice. I'm actually wondering if the Denso Iridiums are worth the extra money over those. I used the NGK's before and loved them. I had boost miss with the 6097's and it went away with the NGK Iridiums. I have a new set of the Denso's so we'll see what happens.

- Hams.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
HamsMKIII said:
I had boost miss with the 6097's and it went away with the NGK Iridiums.
- Hams.
Thats crazy.. usually it is the other way around. I have pushed 26psi with 6097's and they dont skip a beat. Most people gap them incorrectly, they need to be gapped pretty low. I run .20 on mine.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
actually I have to correct myself. I had boost miss problems running 3330's.

- Hams.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts