119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tryed searching but i didnt find what i was looking for
what i wanted to know is who is running cams for the 7mgte
i want to get some 264 and please no na cams here

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
custom regrinds would be your only option.

Of course you MIGHT try toda, ted components, web , scheniders and see what they have but besides ted with full billet cams. Toda does not recommend thiers for turbp apps.

·
Registered
353 Posts
He wants to know what kind of cams people are using, power gains etc, not na cams though.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
toyosup85 said:
He wants to know what kind of cams people are using, power gains etc, not na cams though.
well aware off that,

i don't release my specs.

perhaps others will ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no matter what im getting cams but what im tring to find out is what is the best set up like i find out that manny is running 244/244 web cams and he gain 44hp/22tq

·
Street Sleeper
1,114 Posts
What is better longer duration or more lift?? What I'm trying to say is what would be better stock duration with another 2mm of lift or stock lift with another 20 degrees of duration??

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Buttmunch said:
What is better longer duration or more lift?? What I'm trying to say is what would be better stock duration with another 2mm of lift or stock lift with another 20 degrees of duration??

as we say in the worlds of computers

it DEPENDS.

too many vairables to answer this question correctly.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
To chose the right cam you have to fully understand what it is that each factor does, and how to balance those factors for your setup... if you dont completely understand the effects of cams its not time yet. They can greatly change the powerband of a turbo car.

Tim

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
selz202 said:
To chose the right cam you have to fully understand what it is that each factor does, and how to balance those factors for your setup... if you dont completely understand the effects of cams its not time yet. They can greatly change the powerband of a turbo car.

Tim

along with that

it can change it so much that it might actually do you no good and take away power ;)

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Kinda what i meant by the changing of the powerband... its a risky thing on a turbo car ;)

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
Well why didn't you just say that in the first place figgie!

To the poster, what type of head work, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, exhaust sizing and turbo are you using?

figgie said:
well aware off that,

i don't release my specs,

because I'm not really sure what I'm talking about anyway ... I bench race, I don't actually design things or understand their intricacies

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what have done so far is 61mm turbo,mild port-polishing to the head and manifolds ,alumi. driveshaft and 3in exhaust

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
turbosupra said:
Well why didn't you just say that in the first place figgie!

To the poster, what type of head work, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, exhaust sizing and turbo are you using?
awwww

did me not revealing what I have hurt your poor widdle feelings? I am sure you WILL get over it.

And before you keep spitting off you idiocies , I suggest you do a search here. I have forgetten more shit about the supra than you will ever know sonny boy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
then to be honest your post on here is worthless figgie i ask who was run cams and whats were your gains not where i can get them so smart guy what could you have that we all havent seen unless you personally sat a home and built your own parts then you might have something but for the time being your just a parts changer

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
intense7s said:
then to be honest your post on here is worthless figgie i ask who was run cams and whats were your gains not where i can get them so smart guy what could you have that we all havent seen unless you personally sat a home and built your own parts then you might have something but for the time being your just a parts changer

looks at my cad design for all parts that I got custom....

YEP sure am a parts changer!! :ugh2:

also keep in mind that besides myself there are alot of folks running cams on this forums, yet funny none have posted yet... perhaps they will get to it some time.

·
slowest restoration ever
626 Posts
Hey guys, since you're looking for info on peoples cams, I just thought I'd let you know I'm super cool and I'm not going to give you mine. I know a lot more than you too. Ok thanks.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts