Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a set of cams in in my supra but I'm undecided on what to use some say to put a 272 in and 264 exh, or boath the same either 272 or 264 but I'm not sure so what do you guys think

Also when my car is all done I'll be chasing around 650-700 RWHP and at the moment I have a HKS T51R KAI kit non BB fitted to it, I also have a set of HKS adj cam gears to go in as well when I do the cams.So any comments would be greatly appreciated

Thanks ****

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
im running 272in and 264exh in my Al-Trac supposed to have the high end and good low end too

·
Banned
378 Posts
Best bang for the buck is Crower cams, $700/pair new....they have 264 size, then 272 size, and Stage 2 (268/276 staggered setup) like I am using.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do boath of you guys have a dyno sheet and also how much power do you's have at the wheels and what other mods do yous have

also the link isn't working for me

·
Supra Ricer
345 Posts
I would just go with the 272's. It'll help flow and spool up. 264's or a staggered setup might be *ok* for your goals, but this way you have a little room to work with and the cams aren't going to be too much.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PSiedSC300 said:
I would just go with the 272's. It'll help flow and spool up. 264's or a staggered setup might be *ok* for your goals, but this way you have a little room to work with and the cams aren't going to be too much.
no worries. Is one brand better than another as I was going to get the HKS ones

·
Working Hard for Stroker!
215 Posts
if u want an aggresive street ride get 272, full out racing get 280, and full daily driver get 264's. and i have the HKS 272's both sides

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
PSiedSC300 said:
BWHAHA! WTF is in your Avatar? :rofl:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I am looking at a 71mm GTQ turbo from precision and I am also looking into what cams to go with. I do daily the car as much as I can, but I do want decent spool up as well. I was considering 264 in /272 ex or 272/in 264 ex.

The search function isn't working, but my goal is around 650-750rwhp and I know both types of cams will do it, but which one will spool up faster. I dont want top end, I want a nicer area under the curve.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alex D said:
T51R KAI with 264 cams will do 650-700whp with ease all day long in a 6sp car.
excellent might get a set in the next few weeks then

·
Banned
888 Posts
anthriciteT88-H said:
if u want an aggresive street ride get 272, full out racing get 280, and full daily driver get 264's. and i have the HKS 272's both sides
how does that run? both sides 272's? Is it too aggressive? what turbo are you running?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts