Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Was wondering what sorta front stage everyone is running?

I'm thinking of setting up a 3 way split system, which consists of 4" in the factory position in the doors and 6" and 1" tweeter in door pods.

Has anyone done this?
Or would pods fit for a 6" in the doors?

EDIT: Forgot to say, this is for an mk3 supra

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you want a 6.5 in door you will have rebuilt the bottom of the door. A three way can be used, but I would do the 6 in the door and 4, tweet in a kick pannel. If you are running and auto tranny it will be easy, but if it is 5 speed it will be a lot harder. I am running the Focal 5.5 in the doors that is a 5.25 and tweet, sound great.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ratt,

I previously owned a 1989 MKIII and for the fronts I use MB Quarts "Q Series" separates. I did alot of research and found out that if you get a 1991-1992 front door speaker enclosure you can put a 6.5" up front. On the back I use MB Quartz 4" RSB speakers, the sub I used 2 10" PPI Pro Flat Piston and for the amps I used (1) PPI PC2150 to run the subs bridged 600wx1 and for the front and rear speakers I use (1) PPI PC4100 4x100 the 2 amps are 15th anniversary chrome with plexi on the backside. But anyways check these pictures of my ex-MKIII. I have the two subs, the amps and the rear speakers for sale if you're interested.
Check out these photos....

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/nmymirr69/lst?.dir=/89+Supra&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/nmymirr69/lst?.dir=/89+Supra&.src=ph&.view=t

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will have to edit my last post. You can put a big 6.5" in the door. I removed the 4" housing and made a 3/4" baffle and mounted the 6.5". The baffle board is a little hard to make,just take your time and do a lot of test fitting. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts