Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some help regarding changing the colour of my dash, I want something more flashy! The original plastic grey trim is boring! I was thinking of painting it in a dark metallic red as I am colour coding my seats with red and black leather ! Also are there problems associated with painting the dash?
How does the carbon fibre sticker look? Please give me your suggestions and input.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
well you can strip the grey rubber shit off and spray paint it. thats what i did with mine cause it had a bunch of scratches. i painted it good ole boring grey though. i painted it red before just to see how it looked and it got ghetto after a week. if you are gonna paint it something flashy take it somewhere and have it sprayed with car paint or something to give it a nice smooth glossy look.

S

·
0 Posts
he's right take it to a good local shop and have it sprayed w/filler primer and sanded down (3-5 times) and then spray it to match, or contrast the body

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You got it! Im definately going to do it!! there a quite a few good paint shops here. I too have a couple of scratches which are bothering me and the grey is kinda a dull.
How is the carbon fibre sticker? Have any of you guys tried it?:cool:

S

·
0 Posts
I'm sure that alot of folks on this forum have installed them they are ok IMHO but you just see it so much, I can't remember who it was but someone even re-painted the bezels on their dash silver so that the bezels would match the auto-meter gauges looked real good. But to me there is just something about re-doing the whole interior (all of the plastic) smooth and painted to match that just ties everything together you know? maybe re-cover the top dash pad with leather or suede and then ALL of the rest glossy and smooth

:drooling:

Tony:devil:

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
I just used some can primer (4-5) coats and sanded it and then a can of Interior plastic spray paint (a few coats) then some clear coat.... It has held up nicely so far.

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The silver dash looks good my friend! hell with what others think about painting the dash! Its a sports car not a station wagon!! COLOUR CODE!!!

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
is it easy to scratch that? i would imagine dropping keys or change on it would scuff it up just like the exterior of the car since it is the same thing. something to worry about?

·
boost is good
772 Posts
kale said:
is it easy to scratch that? i would imagine dropping keys or change on it would scuff it up just like the exterior of the car since it is the same thing. something to worry about?
all i did with mine is actually paint it with primer. after i put about 3 coats of the primer on, i really liked the color and decided to say fuck it and leave it like that. so far so good, no scratches or anything. the only part that has chiped is where the upper dash part meets the other right side dash piece, when i was puttin the upper piece in, it got kinda stuck so i shoved it in and it chipped a bit off.

P

·
0 Posts
kale said:
Actually it is not. I thought the same thing at first, but I have clumsly dropped my keys and other things on it, and the painted dash takes it like a champ. About every week I spray it down with some Ultimate Glass Cleaner. It looks great and is durable!

S

·
0 Posts
picturemerollin

how did you paint that dash, very nice! did you have it professionally done, or was it an idividual project. i like the way it turned out.

P

·
0 Posts
Re: picturemerollin

Slave_1 said:
how did you paint that dash, very nice! did you have it professionally done, or was it an idividual project. i like the way it turned out.
You could easily do it in the garage, but I just took it to the local paint shop and had them do everything.

·
Registered
286 Posts
gritsak said:
well you can strip the grey rubber shit off and spray paint it. thats what i did with mine cause it had a bunch of scratches. i painted it good ole boring grey though. i painted it red before just to see how it looked and it got ghetto after a week. if you are gonna paint it something flashy take it somewhere and have it sprayed with car paint or something to give it a nice smooth glossy look.

Andy,
hey man, could you post a pic of your dash maybe?? I would like to see it. Also what kind of paint/primer did you use(color/brand)
Thanks
SH
t78

1 - 15 of 15 Posts