Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
All the coolant hoses for instance. If you want you can delete the trac butterfly on the throttle body. (Requires welding)

You can also remove the small vacuum hoses that run beside the coolant hoses.

Also there are coolant hoses going to the idle valve, those you can remove as well. Just remember no to use vacuum caps when you cap off the coolant ports, those will start to leak at some point.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
That little tank if for the stock twins, so if you are single or are going single you can remove that tank.
Yeah, the tank simply holds pressure on the EGCV/IAGCV valves that turn on the #2 turbo. They require about 7 psi to open so if your boosting less than that when you hit 3800 rpms then the pressure tank holds extra air to open them up. If you trace the small nipple on the Y pipe it eventually goes to the pressure tank and EBV valves.

So in short, no need unless your running sequential twins

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good information guys. So I will eliminate all coolant and vac lines. I'm running a AEM V2 can I eliminate the turbo pressure sensor?

What sensors can I remove the intake manifold?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I would keep the coolant lines on the IAC valve, but bypass the throttle body. According to Curt, the coolant temp dictates hot or cold idle speed, just like many other cars.

Unless someone has proof that removing the coolant lines doesnt affect "normal" idle operation. Normal idle operation is ~1000-1100 cold and ~650-700 hot, not 1000 full time.

Al

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would keep the coolant lines on the IAC valve, but bypass the throttle body. According to Curt, the coolant temp dictates hot or cold idle speed, just like many other cars.

Unless someone has proof that removing the coolant lines doesnt affect "normal" idle operation. Normal idle operation is ~1000-1100 cold and ~650-700 hot, not 1000 full time.
Al
That makes sense, I will keep those coolant lines.

What about sensors I can remove since I'm running a AEM EMS? Egr is gone and blocked of course.

·
Registered
839 Posts
i doubt the coolant lines at the iac valve affect idle speed, the ecu uses the engine coolant temp sensor for that, unless for some reason a separate temp sensor is built in to the iac. the coolant lines are for de-icing or preventing sticking from icing just like the coolant lines on the throttle plate.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i doubt the coolant lines at the iac valve affect idle speed, the ecu uses the engine coolant temp sensor for that, unless for some reason a separate temp sensor is built in to the iac. the coolant lines are for de-icing or preventing sticking from icing just like the coolant lines on the throttle plate.
Can anyone verify if I can plug all of these coolant lines on the intake manifold?

Getting different answers here. Haha trying to keep my engine bay clean. I would imagine removing the coolant lines on the iac will be fine.

·
Registered
980 Posts
All the coolant hoses for instance. If you want you can delete the trac butterfly on the throttle body. (Requires welding).
I used the HKS throttle body mod kit and it didn't require any welding. I think I just had to drill out the butterfly. This also allowed me to put the FPR at the TB.

Second time today I get to use the same pic :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.