Supra Forums banner

would you buy a more powerful manual mkv?

• Total voters
381 - 400 of 402 Posts

·
...pop the hood!
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
bump - curious to see if any minds were changed after sema. currently the stats are...

30 yes (31%)
48 never (50%)
18 on the fence (19%)

·
iSPOOL
1,382 Posts
bump - curious to see if any minds were changed after sema. currently the stats are...

30 yes (31%)
48 never (50%)
18 on the fence (19%)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nothing really popped out that was shared here about SEMA. Toyota basically was trying to pander by trying to give a MKIV vibe but again it’s half assed effort. Shit needs to be rehauled Paramount Sonic the Hedgehog style.

2019: MKV pass
2020: MKV still pass

·
iSPOOL
1,382 Posts
Nothing really popped out that was shared here about SEMA. Toyota basically was trying to pander by trying to give a MKIV vibe but again it’s half assed effort. Shit needs to be rehauled Paramount Sonic the Hedgehog style.

2019: MKV pass
2020: MKV still pass
Sonic looks good now! ?

·
Kappa Check 1 2
733 Posts
To add on the Sonic thing, seems people are promoting the hell out of the movie now in support since they listened to feedback and made appropriate changes, it comes full circle and works out for everyone, but a concept a lot of companies don't seem to grasp that well.

-Rich

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,511 Posts
^ I think it's not so much grasping as it is arrogance.

Reactions: SupraApe

·
Registered
178 Posts
To add on the Sonic thing, seems people are promoting the hell out of the movie now in support since they listened to feedback and made appropriate changes, it comes full circle and works out for everyone, but a concept a lot of companies don't seem to grasp that well.

-Rich
Primarily cause to admit error is to put your ass on the firing line depending on employer, same reason people lie even though they'll eventually get caught. Hope nothing comes of it.

If Toyota said hey we fucked up, scraped it and actually put work into it, and gave us a worthwhile product then Id be in. To beat a dead horse, I dont make bank but if the Supra busted a C8 like product I'd dish out 60-80k. But better for my wallet Im happy with the money pits of my MKIV and my Tacoma Pro.

·
...pop the hood!
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
its been a year 6 months since this thread was started and they rolled out a more powerful engine, added special editions and have what seems like a growing aftermarket support.

people are starting to get more power out of the motor, lots of new bodykits and accessories are being manufactured. there are even companies doing manual conversion.

with all this, has anyone changed their minds one way the other?

·
Smith & Wesson Member
595 Posts
I'll never own a BMW product

·
Administrator
8,755 Posts
its been a year 6 months since this thread was started and they rolled out a more powerful engine, added special editions and have what seems like a growing aftermarket support.

people are starting to get more power out of the motor, lots of new bodykits and accessories are being manufactured. there are even companies doing manual conversion.

Ah yes, body kits and manual conversions. The same ingredients that made the mkiv successful. And before people roll in saying "but the mkiv sales were dismal", no shit. Its a halo car, not something ment for everyone. But ultimately that didn't determine its clout or pedigree. Time did. Time and new generation bmws don't go together, depreciation and service nightmares do.

·
2,119 Posts

Don't care about appearance stuff, it doesn't get rid of the fake vents and body kits never really do it anyway for me. Aftermarket? Eh, if I want aftermarket I'll go Mustang, Camaro, Corvette. There is way more stuff out there for those cars and they start off with better platforms. So the new Zupra can do nothing to get my interest. Maybe if they do a next generation made in Japan, not made by a BMW souced manufacturer I might be interested in a new "supra".

Reactions: Shady 2jz

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,511 Posts
Ok, ok, ok, to SF I must confess, it's bugging me, and I have to lay it to rest. However, from the three I've seen in the wild...... the colors are nice. That's all.

·
JetFire
5,371 Posts
I will say I'm impressed by some of the numbers coming out on the stock block and trans. I never truly hated this car per se because I didn't expect much from Toyota in the first place, they weren't currently building in house sports cars then suddenly rebadged a BMW. Their focus seems to be on bread and butter line like Rav4, Camry etc...along with EV Technology.

·
iSPOOL
1,382 Posts
Ah yes, body kits and manual conversions. The same ingredients that made the mkiv successful. And before people roll in saying "but the mkiv sales were dismal", no shit. Its a halo car, not something ment for everyone. But ultimately that didn't determine its clout or pedigree. Time did. Time and new generation bmws don't go together, depreciation and service nightmares do.
Reading through Performance Sounds old BS posts made my day lol. The Zupras sales are pretty terrible as well. Barely over 5,100 units sold by end of June 2020, even if you add July which would make it over 12 months of sales its still around 5,600 units. Not even half of the alleged 12,000 they wanted to move...Now they muddy the waters with a 4 cylinder version to attract more posers with their fake MKV/A90 marketing scam to bolster sales through this pandemic.

And before the "COVID19 hurt sales" excuses start, Chevy sold over 6,200 more expensive C8 Corvettes in 5 months with a 2 month shut down.
The Zupra experiment is an abhorrent failure to Toyota's name.

·
supra7
527 Posts
Nope. Dislike it more and more as it goes. I just don't do BMW. Period. I'm still hoping they go on a discontinue it or at minimum stop sending them to the states like they did 98. Just let the legend die already since they not gonna do it right

Reactions: SupraApe
381 - 400 of 402 Posts