Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS there any car i cna go pull injectors off fo , such as an RX7 secondary or.....am i just better off to buy a set of 550's or such???

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cleaning and new o rings and grommets will cost you almost 180, so you're better off getting new injectors.

·
Boost Dealer
981 Posts
just buy a set of 550ccs you can get them for like $350 shipped
NEW.

Jeff

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
WHERE!?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeha and thats 350 US shipped , im a canadian......its nto that cheap when they get shipped to me..........

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
Ebay...PTE 550's...buy it now for $340 including clips, just purchased mine today. When the car is running again, Ill let everyone here know how good they are

·
Boost Dealer
981 Posts
I'll make you a deal on injectors. You gimme the money, and
have them shipped here, and I'll bring them to london ontario
when I go there (or when my wife goes there) for x-mas to visit
my neice. I'll bring them in the car so no extra shipping and no
extra import duty taxes, etc. And you can come pick them up if
you're near london, or I can mail them to you from london. The
mail place near my mother in laws place is like real close to her
house.

Jeff
[email protected]

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
Supra_N2O said:
Ebay...PTE 550's...buy it now for $340 including clips, just purchased mine today. When the car is running again, Ill let everyone here know how good they are
1st- pte doesnt even sell 550cc- they are 580cc
2nd- they arent like RC- RC are lucas type, not pintle type like these. I do know RC had considered switching from the lucas to the delphi/siemens
3rd- unless the fuel end is machined it will NOT fit your rail
4th- they are diff length than stock- you will need to add shims

just thought i would let you know

dave

edit: and also i can tell you how well they run. awesome :)

edit again: sorry they do carry 550cc now- but they are high imp

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
The PTEs now entering the market are disc-type lucas based units, low-imp. Just need plugs and then they are PnP like RCs. They are not even listed in their catalog. We had this discussion on the SOGI list.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just get new injectors or used performance ones.. its really dumb to go buying used OE injectors that have miles of daily use on them

·
Registered
948 Posts
well there ya go, mvp got the hook up

·
2,198 Posts
MrBoost said:
The PTEs now entering the market are disc-type lucas based units, low-imp. Just need plugs and then they are PnP like RCs. They are not even listed in their catalog. We had this discussion on the SOGI list.
sigh. this is exactly why i left the sogi list long ago. people spout off info without having a clue.
for the record-
ALL 580cc and up are low imp. ALL the low imp injectors are pintle type. NOT disc like rc's.
the 550cc and smaller are hi imp which ARE disc type.

im talking pte injectors only here btw.

dave

·
2,198 Posts
i couldnt tell you how many dave h has sold over the past year. i had the 580cc on my car and now have 680cc. they are awesome injectors. and they are made by delphi not pte.

dave

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok... here's my story. I called up darkside racing, asked them if they had 550cc precision turbo injectors for the mkiii supra. They said yes. Price is $350 shipped for 6 injectors and 6 square connectors. He said they were low impedence 550cc. I was skeptical because of the guy that posted earlier said there are NO low impedence 550cc's. Well, i recieved my injectors the next day (paid $410 for overnight shipping). Measured the resistance, and all the injectors are between 3.5 - 3.8 ohms. Meaning, they ARE LOW IMPEDENCE. Soldering the connectors was easy enough. The injectors even came with 6 new o-rings and 6 new injectors boots that go into the intake manifold. Use lots of lube on the o-rings and seals because they're a really tight fit. Started up the car, no problems and runs great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts