Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, the lease up on my Jeep Grand Cherokee is up the end of this month, so I need to start looking into leasing another vehicle. I may stick with another Jeep, but wondering if you all have any suggestions of some other cars within my price range? Im looking for a car less than $350 a month out the door. Any suggestions would help.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
M3 .... 350Z ... :dunno:

I think both of those are in the area of $350/mo, but not sure.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a brand new M3 is upwards of 600/mo....not sure on the 350z tho...but im sure its more than 350 a month

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
i3oca said:
a brand new M3 is upwards of 600/mo....not sure on the 350z tho...but im sure its more than 350 a month
O snap....I dunno what planet I'm on.

I thought the 350Z was like $3xx.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well...

Yea two of my friends are paying 350 a month for their Grand Cherokees, we laugh it up at their expense all the time. A new car is a horrible investment unless it is a special interest car (IE Luxury/Rare). As cheap as leases are now your better off leasing an everyday car and if you have the cash buy something nice you will enjoy for days off. Why would you lease an expensive car, your not getting anything in return when it's all said and done, leases are for cars you need to not give a shit about.

Everyone is going to say i'm bullshiting but if your from Michigan you will know I'm not.

Over here you can lease a.....

Dodge Dakota for $80

Dodge Durango for $120

Jeep Grand Cherokee for $120

Jeep Liberty for $100

Jeep Commander for $100

Chrysler Pacifica for $130

Pontiac G6 for $140

Ford Mustang for $160

Ford Explorer for $130

I'm sure there are a few I left out but these are the ones I chose from when I leased my Grand Cherokee as my work/school car. My dad got the Dakota for $50 a month but I don't think you can get it at that price anymore. Most are 24 month leases with $0 down. In most cases you only need an employee plan which any dealer will sell for a hundred bucks and lease loyalty which they can make it work if you even have a relative with a Chrysler car, the Fords are a bit more tricky as they require some special shit as all Ford dealers are crooks. Just about every family of my relatives has leased at least a Dakota, why not have it sitting in your garage for emergencies and to beat up on for 50 a month?!

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
No Shame said:
M3 .... 350Z ... :dunno:

I think both of those are in the area of $350/mo, but not sure.
M3 = ~$600/mos + Insurance for a 21 year old = ~$600/mos = Total____~$1200/mos

350Z = $350/mos + Insurance for a 21 year old = ~$450/mos = Total______~$800/mos

·
Registered
601 Posts
PaKmaN said:
Get the new accords fully loaded.
:werd: one of my co workers just did the same thing. The lease was up on his Ford Escape so he went for a brand new Honda Accord with a whopping 5miles on it! Thing is fully loaded. Even came with Sirius satelite radio paid for 1 year. I think he only pays $320 a month. For a nice commuter you cant beat it.

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Francis K said:
Yea two of my friends are paying 350 a month for their Grand Cherokees, we laugh it up at their expense all the time. A new car is a horrible investment unless it is a special interest car (IE Luxury/Rare). As cheap as leases are now your better off leasing an everyday car and if you have the cash buy something nice you will enjoy for days off. Why would you lease an expensive car, your not getting anything in return when it's all said and done, leases are for cars you need to not give a shit about.

Everyone is going to say i'm bullshiting but if your from Michigan you will know I'm not.

Over here you can lease a.....

Dodge Dakota for $80

Dodge Durango for $120

Jeep Grand Cherokee for $120

Jeep Liberty for $100

Jeep Commander for $100

Chrysler Pacifica for $130

Pontiac G6 for $140

Ford Mustang for $160

Ford Explorer for $130

I'm sure there are a few I left out but these are the ones I chose from when I leased my Grand Cherokee as my work/school car. My dad got the Dakota for $50 a month but I don't think you can get it at that price anymore. Most are 24 month leases with $0 down. In most cases you only need an employee plan which any dealer will sell for a hundred bucks and lease loyalty which they can make it work if you even have a relative with a Chrysler car, the Fords are a bit more tricky as they require some special shit as all Ford dealers are crooks. Just about every family of my relatives has leased at least a Dakota, why not have it sitting in your garage for emergencies and to beat up on for 50 a month?!

These prices don't exist in the real (non detroit) area ;)

Negotiate the best price on your wanted purchases, then talk about leases. They'll fuck you if you walk in wanting to lease.

·
Registered
698 Posts
If you guys can lease an 06 M3 for $600 a month with little money down, do it. Your going to be closer to $8-900 a month.

For $350 maybe a G35 sedan or Acura TL?

·
Mk3-Mk45-Passport-Eagle
570 Posts
to lease an m3 your looking at $800+ for a 48 month lease. To do a 24 month lease your looking at $1000+. Go to www.bmwusa.com and built your m3 and it will give you the lease price.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea...this is my daily driver. Only thing that sucks is that my community will not allow me to have any pick-up trucks in the neighborhood, unless I park it in the garage, which wont happen since the Supra sits in the garage. They wont allow motorcycles either, which is a bummer. I wanted to get Nissan Titan or something, but HOA wont allow it.

I was looking at the new accord...Im thinking I may want something a little better on gas mileage than the jeep. Does anyone know how much Acura TL's lease for? I checked their website and I believe (if i remember correctly) they were over 400 a month for a lease....but obviously thats not real numbers since that can be negotiated. Does anyone know if the 350z is actually around 350 a month also? Im used to insurance being upwards of 300 a month, so im prepared for insurance.

So far, choices are looking like...

Jeep Cherokee
Honda Accord
Acura TL
350z?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts