Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine is 1996 2JZ-GE (NA), bone stock, no performance mods, but well cared for...175K miles. Weather is hot here, 100 degrees or so last few weeks. Car started running super rich and rough. Compression checked good, although when checking, noticed #2 dumping TONS of fuel into the cylinder when cranking with all plugs out. Confirmed #2 being the problem as with engine running, pulled #2 injector connector and it stopped smoking and ran smoother.

So I swapped in a brand new injector in #2 today. The car is randomly running fine, then pig rich dumping fuel...all on #2 still, OBD scanner confirms #2 misfire, but no other codes thrown. Put brand new plugs and wires in and confirmed good spark, still does it.

So I'm thinking now the only thing left it could be is ECU telling it to dump way too much fuel. Has anyone ever seen or had this problem before?

·
The Great Kruso
3,875 Posts
Yes, on the NA its the ECU that controls the injectors and this exact symptoms occurs ALL THE TIME! I've personally had to replace the NA ECU 4 times on different NA cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.