Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what kind of clutch should i go with?
I am converting my N/A supra to a turbo and was just wondering
everybodys oppinion on what clutch.

·
TT This
917 Posts
RPS max pressure plate with a street disc. It's good for about 400-450 hp./tq.
It drives close to stock and will hold the power no prob. You need more just switch to the 6 puck disc and you're good to 550 or so.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
RPS MAX pressure plate is not stock feel man. Stock engagement yea, but deff stiffer than stock. Takes a little while to get used to, and you end up bulking up your calve and thigh on ur left leg ;)

Deff a great combo though that NinetyFiveNA stated.

Better question is what are your power goals?? Each setup is different and will hold up to different levels of HP/TQ

·
Banned
566 Posts
When 5spd, I was using the Competititon Clutch Stage 5 and put 545whp 491wtq through it all day long. IT finally did break on me after running the car extremely hard consecutive times. But, with normal abuse it hold 500wheel all day, and is fairly inexpensive(400ish). Pedal was very stock like, they dont use monster pressure plates.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
InlineFanatic said:
I was wondering what kind of clutch should i go with?
I am converting my N/A supra to a turbo and was just wondering
everybodys oppinion on what clutch.
Anything but a 6 puck disc, I had it, hated it. It was the biggest negative in my overall Supra experience.

I recommend RPS max pressure plate with a street disc as well.

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
WhiteBlazze said:
RPS MAX pressure plate is not stock feel man. Stock engagement yea, but deff stiffer than stock. Takes a little while to get used to, and you end up bulking up your calve and thigh on ur left leg ;)

Deff a great combo though that NinetyFiveNA stated.

Better question is what are your power goals?? Each setup is different and will hold up to different levels of HP/TQ
now you got a overdeveloped leg to match your arm?

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
rps max pp + "rps street" disc is okay. i think my rps "street disc" failed prematurely so I'm hoping Horsepowerfreaks will take care of me in this regard..so my verdict is not final yet :ugh2:

·
TT This
917 Posts
WhiteBlazze said:
Well let's put it this way. When I finished the clutch swap from stock to the RPS I was expecting a big clutch pedal difference. When I stepped on the clutch for the first time I thought " this isn't bad at all" my leg is the same size :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks everybody for your help i appreciate it, but i
am looking for around little over 500 hp when i get done
so do have any different clutches you would go with?

·
Registered
157 Posts
NinetyFiveNA said:
Well let's put it this way. When I finished the clutch swap from stock to the RPS I was expecting a big clutch pedal difference. When I stepped on the clutch for the first time I thought " this isn't bad at all" my leg is the same size :)

Agreed! I have the same setup and it only took me about 1-2 days to get used to it.

·
Addicted to Boost
315 Posts
The Quickness said:
When 5spd, I was using the Competititon Clutch Stage 5 and put 545whp 491wtq through it all day long. IT finally did break on me after running the car extremely hard consecutive times. But, with normal abuse it hold 500wheel all day, and is fairly inexpensive(400ish). Pedal was very stock like, they dont use monster pressure plates.

^I have this exact one for sale!!

Slightly used for $150.00 PM me if you want to buy!

·
vanilla in her puddin'
175 Posts
Centerforce dual friction held 612ft lbs of torque. Best clutch ever used and it feels stock
Go figure.

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
dejacky said:
rps max pp + "rps street" disc is okay. i think my rps "street disc" failed prematurely so I'm hoping Horsepowerfreaks will take care of me in this regard..so my verdict is not final yet :ugh2:
why did your RPS "street disc" fail prematurely??? im thinking of going with the HPF bronze clutch. anyone with experiences with the HPF clutch for the 5spd???

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
RPS max pressure plate with a street disc.
Its stiffer but drives close to stock

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the HPF bronze clutch with the ACT pressure plate. THey will be going in next week with the new motor. I'll give an update next week when things start rolling.

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
RPS won't warrantee my clutch disc since it's basically burned out. I ran about ~260rwhp through it and the "street disc" is toast. After telling them I never abused my car, they did not care, according to their tests they will not replace my clutch disc under warranty. Instead they will sell me another disc not even at their cost...gee great service :ugh2: . Yea, after about only 7,000 miles my rps street disc was toast..I'm trying a 6 puck sprung disc next, butI'm not sure if I want to buy from RPS since I'm officially a disatisfied customer with rps at the moment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts