Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What clutch do I buy if my stock clutch is worn and needs replacing? Need something not too expensive, but need it to be a little better than stock? Also how much for a stock clutch? :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you don't plan on going Single anytime soon, I'll go with RPS Stage II or TRD Single Disc. I went with TRD Single Disc when I changed my stock clutch out about 1 months ago for my BPU+.

Jason Kim

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will be running my car at BPU+ soon! Will the TRD be able to hold the extra horsepower? It also needs to last! Is the RPS- Stage 2 better than TRD single disc?:cool:

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
az clutch is made by rps i have heard !
M Miller said:
I have the Az clutch currently... I had the stage 3 6 puck with the stock flywheel. I only have 250 miles on the Az, already the engagement feels better than the stage 3. The az will hold your power and then some.

Matt

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buying the TRD single plate! Will this hold BPU performance level well? and will it be Ok for me to do a little drag racing with?:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
TRD Single Disk should hold about 500rwhp fine.

Jason Kim
93.5 Tt 6spd Hardtop BPU++

X

·
0 Posts
I agree with 94MKIV. Go with the RPS Stage II. Mine is going in next week and it's great for driveability @ BPU & BPU+ levels.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I agree . . . RPS stage 2. Mine also goes in later this month.

·
Registered
154 Posts
gritsak said:
rps stage 3 with sprung hub, mueller lightend flywheel...worked great for me at bpu++...and so far so good on my t78
i have heard horror stories about lightweight flywheels with Supras. can someone shine some light on which flywheel/clutch combo to stay away from??

TIA, and yes...i searched.

EDIT: never mind. i found the answer(s). i guess i didnt search hard enough. :)

K

·
0 Posts
I got a 6puck rps and a fidanza lightweight flywheel and it makes all kinda noises sounds like the tranny is about to come out of the car... but it spools up quick and works well with my bpu++ just push the clutch in and the sound goes away though.... depends on what you can put up with to go fast .... i can put up with alot..... as long as im in front of you......Kevin...

M

·
0 Posts
I was in Dusty's car w/ the Carbon/Carbon and a lightweight flywheel. With the idle bumped up, it's really not bad. Not bad @ all, I'd say worth the benefits.

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will using a high performance clutch make a difference in performance and response? Compared to using a stock clutch?:)

·
Registered
458 Posts
TRD and RPS are the same feel and performance in the stock disk setup. The extra clamping force is plenty for your level of hp. the puck design is going to be much different to drive with.

You'll be satisfied with the standard TRD or RPS stage 2 setup... until the next time you need to change your clutch anyway.:cool:

M

·
0 Posts
Don't get the TRD Stage 2, rattles more than anything I've ever heard. If you up the idle w/ the RPS Stage 3 + lightened flywheel, the noise isn't too bad. You get quicker spool up and more power. You also won't have to change it unless you go w/ a T72 or the like, even then it'll hold everything you put down in street trim.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts