Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting ready to swap in my 1jz / r154 into my 89 nissan 240 and i need a new clutch and resurface/ new flywheel.....i plan to make between 500-600 rwhp eventually so i want a clutch for that power....
im starting on stock twins....adding nitrous....then gonna goto a small single and nitrous..
i have allways liked RPS but have called them twice to get input from them and cant get a return call....
what other options are out there...and what do you all have that you reccomend?....what should i stay away from?....
thanks for the help
Jeff

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
RPS 3200lb Pressure Plate with....

stock disc

:drama:

When that goes, I'm going for the HPF Feramic. I hear that works pretty good.

-J

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tell me more about the HPF?...horse power freaks?...maybe.....

how much hp will stock disc and rps plate hold....

and how much power will the other set up hold?...
cost of each?
thanks
Jeff

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
Well my setup held 499rwhp on the previous owner's old setup, I'm looking for 500+, dunno how far it'll hold past that. HPF is yes, horsepowerfreaks (I can say that, they're a sponsor, right? horsepowerfreaks horsepowerfreaks horsepowerfreaks horsepowerfreaks horsepowerfreaks horsepowerfreaks horsepowerfreaks horsepowerfreaks horsepowerfreaks horsepowerfreaks horsepowerfreaks) and they have feramic, bronze, i think that's it. HPF isn't too much I don't think, can't remember off hand, sorry :(

-J

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
Ive got an RPS Max sprung 6 puck and LOVE it for aggressive driving, it sucks in rush hour, but I don't mind.

·
Registered
427 Posts
os giken twin plate.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much was that rps set up and how much hp willl it hold....how much is the os giken and power hold on it?...
where do you guys buy your stuff from?...ill have to give HP freaks a call...
thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have a SPEC stage V iron disc (unsprung). It bangs hard-as-hell and is not too streetable. But you will not find a clutch that will it harder. Unless you are "all race", don't get it. I am now having regrets.

·
Registered
375 Posts
do you guys have normal belleville springs or reverse diaphragm, it figures i order all my cltuch parts and then relize i had the few magical reverse diaphragm, dangnit, i use a RPS stage three and its great, verry streetable and holds like mad, its a suprastore.comits aboot 700 for everythinmg

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
RPS 3200lbs special with 6-puck sprung hub.

Purchased from MVP a while back. RPS just recently rebuilt it, and i'm awaiting install. I loved the feel and the amount of power it could hold.

Bryan

·
Registered
427 Posts
think I read somewhere my OS twin holds 1000 n-m. Whatever that means. Twin unsprung and still easy to drive.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I have a spec stg 3.. It doesn't like heat.. when i slip it bad off the line it will slip when i hit the gears.. next will either go with feramic or dual disc..

·
Registered
182 Posts
E-bay special! The blue F1 clutch. It doesent like to slip so its a pain to get going. Id give it 450 hp max. I can tell its making hell out of my fly wheel. My plans were to switch it out when I hit the 400 mark. If I were to do it again I wouldlve gone ACT or OS giken from the getgo.

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
SC300TURBO said:
how much was that rps set up and how much hp willl it hold....how much is the os giken and power hold on it?...
where do you guys buy your stuff from?...ill have to give HP freaks a call...
thanks
Jeff
This is the one that I have, and was installed fresh when I got the car from the previous owner, like, I was breaking it in when I got the car lol. Im bpu+ and it could hold anything I throw at it forever it seems like. Here's a link for it, http://www.suprastore.com/rpsst3mseclw.html

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
where are you guys buying the os giken?.....

what act pieces are available?.....

i want to make sure what ever i get can hold 600hp and tq....
i plan on a small single...and direct port n/x.....so please keep the info comming in...i want to make the right decision....is there anything anyone has ahd problems with?....

im kinda leaning towards a RPS cause i had a 6spd clutch from them i liked alot....but the os gike seems to be popular too...
thanks

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i have one more questions that maybe im not gettin right...
do i needa clutch specific to the 1jz gte...
or can i order any MK3 turbo clutch set up and it will bolt up too my r154 and stock 1jz pressure plate?...

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
SC300TURBO said:
i have one more questions that maybe im not gettin right...
do i needa clutch specific to the 1jz gte...
or can i order any MK3 turbo clutch set up and it will bolt up too my r154 and stock 1jz pressure plate?...
tranny bell housing and flywheel are 1jz specific, clutch and related items are for a normal 7m mkiii

1 - 20 of 33 Posts