Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
A State of Trance
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you using and what do you think of it? What sould i choose if i want to have the best coilovers for drag? Have been lookin at Tein FLEX w Pillowball Upper Mounts, or sould i go for something else?

/regards

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
tein PB suck ass, i run the Tein HA, nice but sometimes i get a squishy noise on bumps from the rear. PB's rattle like shit from tein, do a search, youll see what i mean.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
mine dont rattle. Install flaw maybe? Did you clean the area where they mount?
I love my Flex's, but really they arent the best for drag. I wanted a drag worthy set up , but Im not willing to sacrifice handling for a drag set up. So I comprimised and will work from ther.e

·
Registered
53 Posts
yeah, im kinda curious on this too...im lookin at gettin some coilovers for my first project for my car...im starting with that since my suspension is shot. but yeah, i was also looking at the Teins. well see though, depends on my money haha.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have HA's too and really like them. I see good coilovers on ebay once in a while and they seem to go for about $600-800 depending.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Flex here, no rattles or anything, I love them. I have nothing to complain about.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
how are the TEIN SUPER STREET DAMPER COILOVER ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
brewster said:
Check the Megan coilovers out, they look pretty nice actually.

They do look pretty nice, haha. Anyone used these yet? The price doesnt seem too bad for all of the proposed options and adjustability.

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,992 Posts
I have an old "rare" Tein NA SS Dampers with HKS solid pillowballs... Too low and the ride is awful unless you're toolin.. They are bad for slow driving, at 80+ the car handles and rides Incredible.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
supraguru05 said:
the megan racing coilovers are rumored to be apexi rebadges
THEY ARE NOT APEXI COILOVERS.

I sent Megan a stock suspension setup so that they could use them to create a coilover setup. They wouldnt have needed my suspension if they were going to copy Apexi coilovers.

BTW the megan coilovers are very nice and have not made any noises so far.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello as far as the Megan coilovers,they are supposidly made by the same outfit that makes coilovers for Apex. There is a thread with a link on here look for it,but in that link I didnt see/find the conection other than it looks similar to an Apex unit.Anyhow from what I have seen of the Megan peice it looks like your typical true coilover,Im debating a set myself. If there is anyone with firsthand info LMK also,anyone have PICS of there stance & feedback on Megan units ,please spill the beans.PEACE

1 - 17 of 17 Posts