Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What colour did you paint your headlights? Most common will most likely be black but what did you use a gloss/flat/so on please post pictures i have just done my dashboard in bumping coating black (dupli-colour) highly recommended looks great!! I'm thinking of doing my headlight background in the same paint to be honest I think it looks great

But yeah what colour for your background and the chrome rings + pics of you have them!! :)))

Thanks!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had mine professionally painted black. I had the body shop use the same paint code as the car when it was repainted a Dupont gloss black. Chrome ring delete, just all black. It looks sharp, plus I hate chrome.

·
Administrator
8,805 Posts
The oem charcoal looks best IMO especially if you have the 98 tails as well. If you have the 93-96 tails I guess the black would match that also...but doing the light bezels two different colors from front to back doesn't flow IMO. Depends on the color of your car a bit as well IE a red car vs a silver or black.

Matt

·
Registered
362 Posts
The oem charcoal looks best IMO especially if you have the 98 tails as well. If you have the 93-96 tails I guess the black would match that also...but doing the light bezels two different colors from front to back doesn't flow IMO. Depends on the color of your car a bit as well IE a red car vs a silver or black.

Matt
I don't disagree with that, but my tails are blacked out with the LED rings, so it's all black all the way around. I'll try to get some pictures this week. I keep my Supra in my warehouse about a half hour away, so It's not readily available for a photo shoot.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sorry, I haven't been able to make it out to my warehouse yet to get you some pictures. We've had snow and ice storms here the last couple of weeks. I will try to make it out there next week and snap some for you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All good mate i seen a pair of blacked out tail lights with led they looked sick! i was tempted to snatch them up but there sold already :(

·
Registered
362 Posts
Finally a 60 degree day to pull the car out. I snapped a few quick pics for you. Sorry the car is filthy.
Headlamps painted Dupont Super Jet Black to match the car. Chrome rings deleted.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Led tails blacked out to match the fronts.
[/URL][/IMG]

Once you go black...

·
Registered
362 Posts
For reference, this is what my old headlamps looked like. Filled with moisture, the original graphite colored paint peeling and OEM style chrome rings.

[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts