Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help on my plans for my supras.

I have a 1B9 SZ-R I am looking to repaint and do up, Stock bumper, Ridox skirts, Maybe ridox pods or stock back with T/S Difuser. It already has a Voltex big wing.

I am really stuck should i keep it the same colour 1b9 for re-sale purposes? i mean i don't mind the colour at all but personally i like darker greys, I am really stuck i'm thinking maybe gunmetal grey or some type of grey maybe even anthracite i seen a picture of that check it out makes me want to paint it.

I can't decide someone help, I feel either any of these dark colours will look awesome with either Ridox pods or stock with a difuser, if anyones seen similar to what i'm describing in person please let me know what looks the best!

·
Registered
319 Posts
If it is a proper paint job, I dont see why it would affect resale, unless it is some super rare model.
But when I saw proper, i mean engine bay, all jambs, glass removed etc etc.

·
I wanna go fast!
865 Posts
Make your car the way you like it and don't worry about resale. If resale is a primary concern for you, you should not be modding or driving the car at all.

·
Super Moderator
10,147 Posts
From what I understand of the Aussie market, being a factory 1B9 car isn't nearly as desirable as it is here in the US.

Personally I'd never repaint a 1B9 a different color, but I'd also pick Moonstone over Quicksilver if that had been an option. I also enjoy darker greys.

Is there some sort of damage or issue with the existing paint that requires attention now? An idea in the meantime might be to find someone that does vinyl wrapping, and you can try a dark grey vinyl wrap without affecting the paint currently, and if you like the look after all, eventually remove the wrap and have it painted accordingly.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I understand of the Aussie market, being a factory 1B9 car isn't nearly as desirable as it is here in the US.

Personally I'd never repaint a 1B9 a different color, but I'd also pick Moonstone over Quicksilver if that had been an option. I also enjoy darker greys.

Is there some sort of damage or issue with the existing paint that requires attention now? An idea in the meantime might be to find someone that does vinyl wrapping, and you can try a dark grey vinyl wrap without affecting the paint currently, and if you like the look after all, eventually remove the wrap and have it painted accordingly.
Thank you very much for your reply :)

Yeah the current paint is pretty rough it had a slight ding at the back so it's going to need a full respray, I could get away with just painting what i needed but then I would have to keep 1b9.

I was thinking moonstone it's a bit darker then 1b9, anyone got some real nice HD photos of moonstone I can't find it

The vinyl wrap is a very good idea I'm going to look into it would it be stupid wrapping each panel in a different colour, tempted to do that to see what I like

1 - 6 of 6 Posts