Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best place to jet coat a single turbo manifold? Please share your experiences with what companys you've used and what you paid. Does the coating hold up? Thanks...

G

·
Jet hot extreme 2000.

This coating seems to be the best bet these days. I have used it for a year and a half with no issues. Looks great also. Lifetime warranty guaranteed to never flake off at the rated temp.

I'm not certain, but I don't think I recall any ceramic coating holding up for extended periods. They all eventually flake off.

You just call jet hot and get a number, fill out a form (I believe) telling them what coating/color and type. Package and ship it.

I think mine was around $325 for turbo exhaust housing, manifold, dump tube, DP, and shipping.

jet hot

G

·
I agree with Jet Hot as the coating to use. The high temp. coating isn't available in the high luster silver that is popular but it does do the job and it does last.

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
stoker6 said:
Jet hot extreme 2000.

I'm not certain, but I don't think I recall any ceramic coating holding up for extended periods. They all eventually flake off.

Not entirely true. I know of cars out there that have had ceramic coated headers on their cars for over 10 years and show no signs of flaking off.

I usually send my stuff to Performance Coatings in Oklahoma City OK. The owner Chuck, was one of the people that first created the process for NASA back in the 60s or 70s.

There is a new titanium coating out there that can withstand more heat then that of the normal ceramic coating. And from what I have been told the hotter the titanium coating gets the harder it bonds to the metal.

G

·
It all depends on the application and the material coated.

I used the cerama-krome on a turbo application, with some thin walled stainless headers. Did NOT work well. I've seen it used on some headers with better stainless materials and it worked out great (HKS/SP header etc).

NA stuff just won't see the heat that any turbo headers would, so they are much easier to deal with, typically.

If it's cast, I like using the cerama-krome. Bead blast the pieces,and it seems to open the pores up, have it coated, and it should last pretty well. I've done several turbine housings this way, and it lasts great.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Had my Long tube headers and off road pipe done by Jet Hot in 1993. Blackhatch who now owns the headers sent them back for a new coat. Done for free. They are great to deal with. Lifetime warranty on new parts sent to them for coating.
Had my exhaust manifold on my Supra done-no problems in 3 years.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike 92LX said:
Had my Long tube headers and off road pipe done by Jet Hot in 1993. Blackhatch who now owns the headers sent them back for a new coat. Done for free. They are great to deal with. Lifetime warranty on new parts sent to them for coating.
Had my exhaust manifold on my Supra done-no problems in 3 years.
Thanks Mike! I wish I would of coated the manifold to begin with. I had to pull everything off :( Only took me a 1.5 hr but it was cold has Fcuk outside, lol.

·
Super Moderator
10,705 Posts
Chucky Doll said:
Thanks for the pictures. Looks like I will be going with black coating as well. :)
Chucky,

I have SwainTech coatings on my exhaust manifold, turbine housings, down pipes and intake runners. I'd look into this before you decide which way to go if I were you. FWIW, I think this coating, as well as the coatings done by HPC, are the best on the market.

Ken.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KenHenderson said:
Chucky,

I have SwainTech coatings on my exhaust manifold, turbine housings, down pipes and intake runners. I'd look into this before you decide which way to go if I were you. FWIW, I think this coating, as well as the coatings done by HPC, are the best on the market.

Ken.
Ken thanks for suggesting other companies. I have been quoted $150 from Jet hot to coat my manifold. Do you remember what you paid to have yours done? I'm 90% sure I will go with the black coating. I will do a search on swaintech. Thanks again.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
stoker6 on the outside of the tube there was some pitting. Can't complain after 10 years of abuse. They covered it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts