Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have given up on GM to send me the vette. they said it would be here in august of 04 and still a no show. So im going to look for something else.

So the question is what to buy in a convertiable that has a AUTO.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
350z?

sc430?

330ci?

mustang?

try again at gm? c6?

personally id wait it out for the c6. new bmw 6 series 'verts are nice too.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
price cap?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
probaby about $60k and it has to have some room in it. so a 3 series is out and i find the SC430 kind odd looking. The 6's are comming down in price but now you have to think about the I drive... I didnt think about a 350Z. I just got a new pathfinder about two months ago and really like it.

The C6 if it ever comes is yellow on black with a black top.

·
6,137 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i know they make them i have / had on one order at a local dealer that we do a lot of business with. problem is they sale mostly trucks.. So in GM's eyes why ship one vette to a dealer in the mountains when i can ship 50 to a dealer in flordia...

·
6,137 Posts
give me power of attorney and ill sign all your paper work and drive it down... no comment on condition when it gets there though... :D

s o go take a drive with a buddy though... you'd be the only guy in the area with that car. :dunno:

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
S4 Convertible. I love the new ones....

*edit* sorry they only come in 6spd I think...

R

·
0 Posts
If you'll always have the top down, the SC 430; just doesn't look nearly as sexy with the top up.

The Mercedes that Brewster recommended above.

Honestly, I'd rater learn how to drive a stick and get an S2000.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can drive a stick, just dont want to, and my old vette is a stick....

I called and talked to the dealer.... kinda pissed... they said " well the reason it has not come in is because we have not sent any of our guys to training on the car.... So once we do that we can order your vette. So i told him not to worry about it...

I do like the looks of the 350Z, granted its not a hot rod like the vette but with all options the dealer told i could get for $37500. The price on the vette by GM web page is $67,950... So for the wife to ride when she wants i think ill go with the Z... After all that more money to spend on the supra :bigthumb:

·
In the shadow...
1,452 Posts
spare a little more for a MB sl500 or theres always the new SLK55 amg, one of my friend has one, really really nice car

-Seb

·
Poser Extraordinaire
350 Posts
The B6 S4 Cabrio does come in tiptronic, in fact most are tiptronic !

Eggy said:
S4 Convertible. I love the new ones....

*edit* sorry they only come in 6spd I think...

·
Registered
648 Posts
audi TT vert? i don't like em that much, but i don't like the 350z vert that much either. newest miata can be had in an auto as well (unlike the s2k).

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Newer Miata...that's all there is to it. Why auto, btw? The 6-speeds on those things are just plain old fun :D

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
M3 cab. Best convertible out there for that kind of money. Fits four, handles like it's on rails and is a sexy beast.

I checked out the S4 cabs but they look exactly like the regular A4 cabs. No difference.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
i was driving the bimmer 3 series convertable today. after putting over 100miles in a day. i can say it's very nice :)

Bimmer + Hot clear sunny day + tan leather int = heaven

1 - 20 of 45 Posts