Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought i would share a pic of the turbo setup going on my car next wed. along w/ a freshly machined head, hks mhg/arp, fresh from the shrink wrap virgin shortblock.

its a pt61 gt comp .60/.63 a/r (dont confuse w/ sp61. it is the same comp as sp but using t4 hot side instead of modded t'netics t3)
38mm tial gate
DH mani and dp

many thanks to dave henry for making the kit and sean todd for assy of the motor and helping me get it all together next week :)
both are awesome guys and would go out of their way to help.

see what you guys think

dave

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
very nice db! intresting mani! with that turbo u will have a nice brewery under ur hood! ;)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Dave, awesome setup! That is very similar to the route I want to take eventually. Keep us posted!

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys

here is closer pic of that mani. it is all hand ported. should flow pretty good.

here is a pic of the hotside compared to the massive SP HO

·
Registered
318 Posts
Good Lord!!!! :eek:

Looks very nice. How did you find out about the manifold/DP? Is DH selling them to the public or is this a one off deal?

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dave is a friend of mine. he is on here as DaveH.
not to step on any forum rules toes i sent you an email.

dave

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Dave is the man, are you the first to try the pt61 setup?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Nice! Do I see stock IC piping?

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kirk- yes im the first

91t4- haha thats during test fit on dave's car. he has all stock piping and a mod'd 3000 pipe and a bosche bov. but all has somehow stayed together under 30psi. my car has hardpipes.

turbo johnson- yes john has the same setup but i have a diff turbo than he does. his is a pt54- mine is a pt61 gt comp

if anyone is interested dave is selling his old kit in the for sale section. it is a diff turbo but otherwise same setup. he has details in there on what it includes.

dave

·
Registered
144 Posts
i wonder what your gonna spool at ive been thinking about a log manifold with a 60-1 on it for a while but noones done it...

Bill

·
Canada, Eh?
2,403 Posts
wow, that manifold looks nice! what size are the runners? stainless steel?

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks guys :)

alphaoenz- a new complete shortblock from toyota is ~$1800

motofool- its hard to say what its gonna spool. with the configuration id say low to mid 3k. maybe less than that. will have to see. i have no doubts this mani will flow a considerable amount vs stock.

the hard part is driving like miss daisy for 500-1000 miles.

dave

·
i <3 fitness chicks
1,585 Posts
Turbo Johnson said:
No, Jsupra88t, or "pinky" as I seem to remember, has been running one of DaveH's setups. It's very interesting.
dbsupra said:
turbo johnson- yes john has the same setup but i have a diff turbo than he does. his is a pt54- mine is a pt61 gt comp
Heh, didnt know people were following me and actually gave a shit about what i was doing... But yes, i have the PT54. The dam PT61 came out right after i recieved the 54 :(:(

Edit - And if you ever bring up "pinky" again you're going down... :eek: ;)

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wow john that turbo looks good! i wish i had mine polished but they are so dang slow doing it i decided to pass. took a month as it was to get it all together.

bdekoning- its a griffin core w/ hks tanks from roadrace. same height and thickness as the mkiii kit but a few inches wider.

dave

1 - 20 of 37 Posts